I want to know your body-weight workouts

Options
Lately, I have been doing a lot of jump roping to get the fat off. I have built an entire routine around jump roping for 2 minutes with body-weight exercises in-between ( 8 sets total). But I would love some new ideas for my in-between workouts. So far i have burpees, lunges, sprinting, mountain climbers, squats, crunches, pushups. I am ready to switch it up a little bit. What body weight exercises do you do?

Also, feel free to add me as a friend for motivation and support. Stay healthy friends!

Replies

• Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    If possible, you might want to pick up a body weight book. There are a few great ones out there. I just bought Body Weight Strength Training Anatomy by Bret Contreras and I love it (but I love anything by him). Also, You Are Your Own Gym and Convict Conditioning. Nerdfitness.com has some great stuff that is free in regards to body weight training but I'm afraid I haven't googled the topic in a while so I'm not sure what else there is.

Good luck!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    nerdfitness has a few bodyweight routines posted on their website.

You can also check out 'You are your own gym" and "Convict Conditioning"

Crunches are kind of worthless, look into other core exercises such as planks.
    Check out bodybuilding.com and their exercise database
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I practise yoga every day, so I tend to split my bodyweight routines up so I always have energy and strength to practise the yoga.

Monday: two warm-up sets of conventional push-ups, followed by 3 x 8-12 Diamond Push-ups and 3 x 8-12 Pike Push-ups.
    Then two warm-up sets of bodyweight squats, followed by 3 x 8 Pistol Squats to a low chair seat; working towards getting up off the floor for each rep.

Tuesday: three sets of inverted rows 12, 10, 8, followed by 5 sets of around 4 or 5 chin-ups using two bands for assistance.

Wednesday: My Yoga class

Thursday: as Monday and Friday as Tuesday. Also swimming at lunchtime.

Saturday: Morning yoga class

Sunday: as Tuesday, but doing negative chin-ups rather than using assistance band chin-ups.

All of the above alongside a daily program of Ashtanga Primary Series; around 75 minutes of challenging yoga.
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Saving to see other's replies....
  • Nmt100
    Nmt100 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You are your own gym is good and provides a workout plan. I'd do a different core exercise such as bicycle crunches, jack knives or a plank just crunches isn't going to get you far. You haven't got anything for lower back either (essential if doing any core work). Swimmers or superman raises are good for that. Pick up a bottle of water or heavy book and add a shoulder press to the squats or a bicep curl to the lunges. Grab a chair and do tricep dips. Best thing I've ever invested in is a pull-up bar.... The list is endless!
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Check this guy out:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/marcroops?feature=watch

or do a general "Bodyweight Workout" search on YouTube.

There's tons of videos there to learn new moves.
    I learned lots of really awesome compound moves that I love.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    chinups, pullups, muscle ups, front levers, pushups, inverted rows, planks, dragon flags, hanging leg raises, reverse deficit lunges.

That's all of the bw exercises I can think of that I do. Need a chinup bar.