Week one: 0.0 lost

Options
Sigh... I've been down this road a million times unfortunately. Last year I was in the best shape of my life! Not only in lbs but in fitness. A wedding, 3 moves (one cross country), a crazy schedule blah blah I fell off the tracking wagon & exercise wagon. I've gained 19.6lbs from my best. Things have finally settled down and I'm into a good routine and groove where I feel like I can really focus on my eating and exercise (and really, this should probably be a priority throughout the stress but I digress).

Week one and I'm gung ho on the diet and super motivated and I lose 0.0lbs. Not even an ounce. So frustrating. Not even extra water weight?

I know what to eat, I know what to do, I know what works for my body, I know it'll come, I know to be patient, I know "I didn't gain it in a week..." but still. I'm annoyed.

Replies

• Arne_becomesxXx
    Arne_becomesxXx Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Relax :tongue:

You know it´ll happen.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    It' s just a week ... give it some time and stick to cal deficit. Did you take measurements as well? I tend to lose inches faster than lbs depending on workout routine.
  • Kaylyn221
    Kaylyn221 Posts: 123
    Options
    Totally understand how annoying it can be. Honestly, I don't step on the scale very often because I know how annoyed and frustrated I can become. I am currently into week 2 and am going strong with eating clean and working out. I stepped on the scale the day I started and will not step on it again until the end of week 4.

I used to step on the scale once a week or even a couple times a week and got tired of seeing the fluctuations between ounces and sometimes pounds. It, at times would hinder my motivation and put a damper on my overall feeling. Last year when I started down this road {before I found out I was pregnant, hence why I am starting back up again now that the baby is here lol}, I tried out waiting an entire month before weighing myself and boy was it worth it. I had an almost 10lbs loss after a month of doing the same thing im doing now. I don't expect to have the same thing happen this time but will expect some pounds lost and even though I pass by the scale and I think about stepping on it, I don't. The wait makes it worth it in the end.
  • Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    ((Hugs)) I know how you feel!

But just think of what you might have weighed had you not been tracking... it might have been +1lb! or +2lb!

You know you have to be patient and you know you can do it. So have a another good week of tracking, eating well and exercising.

YOU CAN SO DO THIS!!
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    It's a pain in the *kitten* when it happens, but don't be discouraged! You'll know from previous experience that it takes a while. So just power on through :smile:
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Patience and persistence are both necessary for successful weight loss. Give it time and keep doing what you know to do. That is all.

PS - I don't know of anyone for whom this does not work.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    It's been a week
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Sigh... I've been down this road a million times unfortunately. Last year I was in the best shape of my life! Not only in lbs but in fitness. A wedding, 3 moves (one cross country), a crazy schedule blah blah I fell off the tracking wagon & exercise wagon. I've gained 19.6lbs from my best. Things have finally settled down and I'm into a good routine and groove where I feel like I can really focus on my eating and exercise (and really, this should probably be a priority throughout the stress but I digress).

Week one and I'm gung ho on the diet and super motivated and I lose 0.0lbs. Not even an ounce. So frustrating. Not even extra water weight?

I know what to eat, I know what to do, I know what works for my body, I know it'll come, I know to be patient, I know "I didn't gain it in a week..." but still. I'm annoyed.

Right there with ya in the same boat. I have been back on the wagon for a week and have actually gained a few pounds. Not sure what's going on but it's frustrating for sure.
  • goldfish29
    goldfish29 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I know I'm super inpatient!

I took measurements and "before" pics. Again.

I hope to get back into the exercising more this week which I know might stall out the loss due to muscle water retention. I'm a fan of strength training but have a rotator cuff injury I'm still working through so I'll have to be creative with what I do!
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    If you focus on the *doing* and making this a lifestyle change the rest will happen on its own.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Did you accurately measure (with scales) and log everything you ate and drank? Guesswork often doesn't cut it.

Did you maybe overestimate how much you burn during your workouts?
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of threads like this right now. You need to get in the mindset that this is a long-term project. Focus on improving your habits right now. When you do, the weight will start coming off. Don't expect instant dramatic results and then give up when that doesn't happen. I've been losing at the rate of about 5 pounds per month. Week to week and month to month, that is not a dramatic difference at all. It's only when I've kept at it for many months that the accumulated results become apparent.