Went out to dinner for the first time in 6 months!

Options
Hey guys, I've been busy on my weight loss journey and I went out to eat with my family who came to visit yesterday for the first time in almost 6 months. We went to Eat n Park and I felt super tempted to order a huge juicy burger. not gonna lie.. But I opted for a Cod Florentine with steamed broccoli, and a side salad. Had a huge side salad with no dressing and only fresh veggies and a few Banana peppers for taste. It was so good!!

I feel really proud of myself for holding back and ordering the right thing and not splurging on that juicy burger. and it felt really good to hear my family tell me how much healthier I looked too! The food was great too. I love fish!

and its the first time ive ever been to a restaurant and brought back left overs! lol

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    your post just made me feel a bit sad for you... lifes too short to never eat burgers!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Wow, with how much you have been under your calorie goals I would have opted for the burger, with an extra patty. I looked at Sunday and Monday, and you were like 2,000 cals short of your goal and only at around 1,000 cals. If your goal is 2,000 cals that is what you should eat to lose weight with no exercise, when you exercise you should be eating even more, 2,000 plus eat back what you burned.

If you don't eat enough (large deficit), short on protein, or lack of strength training (not sure if you do, but need the other 2 as well) then a large % of your weight loss will be coming from lean muscle, not just the fat you want to lose. Looks like you need to lift more, cardio less, eat more, and def make most of it protein. aim for 0.8 grams per lf of body weight or if you know your bf% 1gram per 1 of lean body mass.

1,000 cals is nowhere near enough for a full grown man. Even trying to lose weight you should not be eating less than 1700-1800 calories, maybe more, depending on your height and weight.

Please don't be afraid of food and eat something man.
  • bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing the same thing for the last 6 months. I do have burgers, but I opt for my quarter cow I bought this year because I think its better than the processed crap you buy at the resteraunts

I do not have money right now to strength train at a gym either.. cannot afford it, so I opt for the cardio because I can afford a jump rope at my house.