Over weight Christian

I am a Christian first and formost.I love God and he is first in my life. I am 55 years old and have gained weight due to surgery and manopause. I need to lose 80 pounds. I have been counting my calories for a couple days now and it seems to be going well. I welcome encouragement and positive thinking.

Replies

• Anna_Joys_Journey
    Anna_Joys_Journey Posts: 253 Member
    Hi there! I'm sending you a friend request!
  • danielle_jeanne
    danielle_jeanne Posts: 58 Member
    Friend request sent :)
  • Sepsec
    Sepsec Posts: 2 Member
    Hi I'm Susan. I'm 57 and have struggled with obesity all my life. I am a Christian and know God is going to break me free of this if I do my part. I applaud your effort to gain control of your weight and would love to encourage you to hang in there, You can do tthis with Christ's strength.

Philippians 3:14 I press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
  • SelkathNuggets
    SelkathNuggets Posts: 37 Member
    Hi there! Welcome to the site and community. Tracking your calories is a great place to start! I'm going on two weeks of tracking myself, and the amount of calories I've shaved off by holding myself accountable for mindless snacking has been astonishing, and the pounds are starting to roll off.

Beginner tip - eat lots of vegetables! Besides being nutrient rich, they're also a great way to fill up without adding very much to your caloric total. This will let you save some calories without having to give up all of the food that you love.

Best of luck!

P.S. I'm 23 and an atheist, secular humanist and free-thinker. We're all on the same side here though :)
  • I am a Christian first and formost.I love God and he is first in my life. I am 55 years old and have gained weight due to surgery and manopause. I need to lose 80 pounds. I have been counting my calories for a couple days now and it seems to be going well. I welcome encouragement and positive thinking.

Hi I am a Christian Also and could use friends in Christ how are on this journey of health and fitness. I am sending you a friend request ;0)

I made a group I think you will Like.

This is an open group

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/19560-bride-of-christ