Not caring much for weight but more for waist line.

Options
If you're one of these people like myself who looks more towards losing the waist line then I guess you'll be more focused. You can worry about losing the weight later as it comes along of slimming down around the waist line anyhow. Just something to put out there. :)

Replies

• Poofy_Goodness
    Poofy_Goodness Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I get what you're saying. I wouldn't care what the scale said if I had the body I want.
  • futurefitgirl3
    futurefitgirl3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I got you. I started a weight lifting program along with cardio about three weeks ago. Haven't stepped on the scale since before I started the program because I know muscle weighs more and I don't want to get discouraged. I figure just keep doing what I am doing and eating right and I will see a difference. Maybe in a few months I will step on the scale......
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    If you're one of these people like myself who looks more towards losing the waist line then I guess you'll be more focused. You can worry about losing the weight later as it comes along of slimming down around the waist line anyhow. Just something to put out there. :)
    I don't track my weight either, I track my waist. Gives you a better idea of how much fat you're carrying, weight fluctuates too much because of water and muscle mass.

Incidentally, there's some research indicating that the waist-to-height ratio is better at predicting possible health problems than the weight-to-height ratio.