I want that awesome V-shape

Options
on my arms. you know what i'm talking about.

currently to work arms i do pushups, bicep curls, lateral raises, rows, triceps curls.
what am i missing?

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    You're doing good stuff there, but you might want to start doing less reps and much heavier weights!! You need to shock your body in order to start getting good definition. If you can do more than 6-8 reps, your weight is much too light! Also I like to exhaust muscle. I do as many sets as I can until I cannot lift another one up/down. I do each muscle group twice a week.
  • bigcoon103
    Options
    You can try doing narrow and wide dull downs, shoulder raises machine, bicep extensions, reverse flys, dips machine, and bench presses. As the lady says, if you can do more than 8 -10 go up on the weight. As for exhausting the muscle, that to me is if your really trying to build the muscles and not tone it. Good luck.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    I don't understand your question? How do you get v shaped arms?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I think she's talking about the tricep? Well defined triceps form a semi V shape for some people.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    in that case

DIPS!

Once you can do 3 X 20 (very difficult!)

add some weight.
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You're doing good stuff there, but you might want to start doing less reps and much heavier weights!! You need to shock your body in order to start getting good definition. If you can do more than 6-8 reps, your weight is much too light! Also I like to exhaust muscle. I do as many sets as I can until I cannot lift another one up/down. I do each muscle group twice a week.
    good point. i think my weights are too light. i think women (i'm generalizing) think they will "bulk up" like men if we use heavier weights. i will start to try this.