What do you eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Actually dont look at mine... I changed the the meal times on mine and I just noticed like half of my foods are missing from it....But i dont restrict my self from eating what I like though
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I eat all the foods I like and just make them fit within my goals :smile:
  • proud2bfromwv
    proud2bfromwv Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I started my diet that way and started to lose a little, but now I'm afraid to change it up. So, I really appreciate all the posts on this topic!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you like as long as the portions fit into your daily calorie goal!

Here's a typical day for me this week:
    Breakfast:
    Dunkin Donuts breakfast sandwich (egg white flatbread if I'm trying to keep calories low, bacon egg & cheese on bagel if I know I'm getting a good burn in that day) medium coffee with skim and 2 splenda

Snack:
    Pure Protein chocolate peanut butter bar

Lunch:
    leftovers from dinner or ham/turkey wrap and an apple

Snack - grazing through the afternoon
    banana, greek yogurt and steel cut oatmeal with raisins

Dinner:
    Casserole or meat and potatoes and veggie, sometimes pizza or thai food
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Hi...I recently joined and am starting to lose a little weight, however, I'm getting bored with my diet. I usually have a bowl of special k with almond milk and a cup of coffee for breakfast...an apple or yogurt for lunch..and then I eat dinner like I usually do. I limit myself to one soda a day (at supper) and the rest I drink flavored water. So, I was curious, what does everybody else eat?

If you always eat the same thing, that would be boring indeed. And you seriously eat only a couple hundred calories for breakfast and lunch? I would be starving.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Eating only yogurt and/or an apple for lunch, I would be so hangry in the afternoon that I would probably lose my job.

My diary is not public for a few reasons, but occasionally I wish it was so I could share my meal ideas (the better ones anyway) hehe

Yesterday I ate:

hard-boiled egg
    1/2 portion steel cut oats (cooked in milk-water mixture the day before)
    a few black walnut pieces
    sugar-free maple flavored syrup drizzled over top of oats
    coffee w/ 1 packet sweetener and a splash of 1% milk

Aldi Simply Nature southwestern fresca entrée (I don't eat frozen entrees often though! Too much sodium for my liking)...pasta with a creamy southwest flavored sauce, broccoli, beans, carrots, corn, etc.
    1 cup salad mix (lettuce, cabbage, carrots)
    mini size Ben & Jerry's raspberry dark chocolate frozen yogurt (180 cal)

2 small size flour tortillas
    1/2 avocado
    2 TBSP garlic lover's hummus
    handfuls of baby spinach
    sprinkling of edamame, cilantro, and drained & rinsed black beans
    12 oz bottle regular Coca-Cola (I drink this like 3-4 times a year because I think it is delicious)

another cup of coffee with sweetener & splash of 1% milk
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Everything! In moderation. I tend to keep good nutrition in the front of my mind more than I used to though...so my day to day choices are healthier. But if I want a burger, I have one. Or ice cream. Or chocolate. There's room for everything. Use MFP the way it was designed to be used...the possibilities are endless.
  • explorationerin
    Options
    I struggle eating breakfast on a work day so i manage a bit of fruit with some yogurt or this morning it was breakfast biscuits with a banana.

Lunch i tend to have salad with some form of protein (chicken, prawns or seafood sticks seem to be a fave of mine) although today i made jerk veg soup and had that with a slice of bread.

Dinners tend to be 4/5 portions of veg with some form of protein again, normally turkey/tuna/chicken. I seem to allow myself 2 meals a week which have pasta/ potatoes involved.

i do snack between meals so i try to keep my meals low in calorie so i can make up for it in snacks as i know thats where my weakness lies.

Im eating pretty much anything tbh, ive cut bread out mostly as i could eat it forever so its easier if i dont have it. Ohh and ive stopped eating ice cream!!
  • bloggymomx
    Options
    I've learned, after being on crash diets for so many years, don't limit yourself. I eat what I feel like i want to eat but in smaller portions and I try to think of healthier alternatives. I won't eat fast food, of course, but if I want a hamburger I will make one with a wheat bun and veggies. You know? To mix it up, I'm ALWAYS looking for recipes to try and it does make it interesting. I make the recipes for my whole family so I try to pick things that I know my kids will eat.

My tip would be just mix it up and try to find new recipes :)
  • callyart
    callyart Posts: 209
    Options
    The only thing I have totally cut out from my diet is fizzy drinks and take aways- I used to be addicted to pepsi and dr pepper and I really think this was my main issue for my weight. And we were having a least 1 take away a week.

I don't limit myself with other foods, I just make sure my portions are enough for what i need so I am not over eating

Like this morning, I had a 'fry up' but only thing fried was the egg. I had low fat sausages, mushrooms, beans, 1 piece of wholemeal toast, and an egg. All for 400 calories!
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    You can eat whatever you want in small portions. A typical day for me:
    Breakfast: plain oatmeal- 300 calories
    Fiber Bar- 90 calories
    Coffee w/ creamer- 70 calories

Lunch: Protein bar 200 calories or cooked veggies or a cup of fruit

Dinner: Turkey Burger or 4 oz Tyson chicken breast
    Veggies

I've cut out snacking personally because I ate to much of chips or pretzels. Cutting out snacks made me lose almost 2 pounds (=
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Yesterday for breakfast I had a mushroom, onion, red pepper, roasted sweet potato fritatta, with 2 pieces of toast and butter followed by full fat greek yogurt with some frozen blueberries and strawberries.

Lunch was panco breaded pickerel that I caught ice fishing cooked in duck fat.....I had some fortunately.....with a medley of roasted veg and an apple.

Dinner was duck confit poutine that had cheese curds from a local cheese company and the gravy was from the duck I've recently used in a few recipes.

Later on 1/2 pint of Hagen Daz rockey road.

I can't even pronounce some of that stuff, but it sounds delightful!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Yesterday for breakfast I had a mushroom, onion, red pepper, roasted sweet potato fritatta, with 2 pieces of toast and butter followed by full fat greek yogurt with some frozen blueberries and strawberries.

Lunch was panco breaded pickerel that I caught ice fishing cooked in duck fat.....I had some fortunately.....with a medley of roasted veg and an apple.

Dinner was duck confit poutine that had cheese curds from a local cheese company and the gravy was from the duck I've recently used in a few recipes.

Later on 1/2 pint of Hagen Daz rockey road.

I can't even pronounce some of that stuff, but it sounds delightful!
    Your such a kidder....:flowerforyou:
  • lamb_fitness
    lamb_fitness Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can see my dairy if you want.

I eat 6 small meals a day.
    Include as much fresh veg as I can.
    I never drink anything with sugar.
    I prepare all my days meals the day before.
    I eat what I want, anything at all, once a week.

You are eating very little during the day. How about a chicken salad for lunch as well.