Sonic Cranberry slush!

Options
Can you believe the large has 490 calories? I thought I was doing okay by drinking that. It has more then the cheese sticks!

Replies

• wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    We are getting a sonic here soon. I'm scared I LOVE slushies!
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    thats more calories then a grande starbucks chai latte! D: SCARY!
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Its crazy what you find out when your looking. :smile:
  • Sonflower
    Options
    Then I would for sure be eating the cheese sticks....no really that is surprising. You think you are doing so well and then you find out that, you really need to check your foods out before you go out to eat, I sometimes have time to do that..
  • crystalterry
    Options
    I'm pretty sure sonic makes most of their drinks in a diet version even the slushies:)
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Don't you hate drinking your calories? Always gotta go with the lo-cal diet cherry limeade at Sonic, even though the slushies are sooo good!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,004 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing, it is good to be aware
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    I'm pretty sure sonic makes most of their drinks in a diet version even the slushies:)

they do actually! because the slushes are made with sprite (there's sprite in pretty much all their drinks, i had a friend who in high school worked at sonic and said when you order any drink you're pretty much ordering sprite with different flavorings and different types of ice) they have a diet sprite in there that they substitute the regular for.
  • Dawn_2013
    Options
    There are so many good recipes for slushies/smoothies to make at home! You can control the calories or add protein which is a great breakfast replacement. (and easy!)

I also saw The Smoothie Bible at costco, but didnt grab it quick enough and it was gone! :sad:
  • boomstick13s
    Options
    watermelon cream slush: 435 calories. i will miss you!
  • summerblunden
    summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I think studies have shown that we drink almost half of our calories, as a society. We just don't think of drinks as "food" and so we don't pay attention. Its sad how many calories we can drink with our meals if we're not paying attention!!

Haven't done the Sonic trip yet, but I'm lookind forward to a Diet Cherry Limeade!!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Look, I love me a cranberry slush, but I usually save these for when my throat is sore or I'm just not feeling that great. Why is everyone so surprised that a 24 ounce drink has 3 times the calories, it is 3x the serving of cranberry juice so it would have 3x the calorie count. A normal portion controlled serving of ocean spray cranberry juice is approximately 137 calories for every 8 ounces.

You can get the same joy out of a small, no one needs 24 ounces of anything in one sitting, except maybe water.........and thats pushing it.

Diet is no better for you than regular either, maybe less calories but artificial sweetner is one of the worst things you can introduce into your body.......even precious splenda.

Try having some self control and order a small instead of the lumberjack size.
  • txtree50
    Options
    If I think I will be going somewhere and out for a long time, I will plug in some items I "THINK" will be good to eat or drink then ....................................WOW!!!!!!! see how many calories it has and just try and keep my purse filled with bottle water and 1 or 2 healthy snacks! Treat yourself every once in a while so you don't feel like you have to beat yourself if you are in a pinch and eat something you think is healthy but later find it is not. This battle is one day at a time. Keep up the good work!!!
  • ChristyMomx3
    Options
    I was having control, I usually get the RT 44. lol. No seriously I thought I was doing okay. I didn't do any from home because they are doing the half price drinks, we just left the HOT park, and I had to get 3 kids slush in 3 different flavors.
    Look, I love me a cranberry slush, but I usually save these for when my throat is sore or I'm just not feeling that great. Why is everyone so surprised that a 24 ounce drink has 3 times the calories, it is 3x the serving of cranberry juice so it would have 3x the calorie count. A normal portion controlled serving of ocean spray cranberry juice is approximately 137 calories for every 8 ounces.

You can get the same joy out of a small, no one needs 24 ounces of anything in one sitting, except maybe water.........and thats pushing it.

Diet is no better for you than regular either, maybe less calories but artificial sweetner is one of the worst things you can introduce into your body.......even precious splenda.

Try having some self control and order a small instead of the lumberjack size.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Well as long as you were exercising some control in the name of happy hour :laugh: You saved yourself a little over 400 calories! :drinker: :drinker:
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    oh wow! and to think i have ordered the lemonberry slush, which is quite delicious, last week. here is what i usually get though: a diet sprite with diet cranberry vanilla. it is really good and not many calories since the sprite and cranberry is diet. has anyone tried the sonic sunrise? it is amazing! probably full of calories because you cannot make it with diet anything but basically its a diet sprite with orange juice. so good!
  • _Chantel_
    _Chantel_ Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Caution!! So-called Diet Slushes are deceptive. I worked at Sonic (many, many) years ago and we had a machine that dispensed the slush syrup with the ice in it and then we squirted the flavor into it. If they still do it the same way, the syrup (blackberry, raspberry, mint, etcetera sweetened with Splenda) is diet, but the slush base isn't. The calorie content listed in the Sonic Nutrition guide is for the flavor additive and not for the slush base.