I can't believe that worked!

Options
BondBomb
BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
I am a believer in the basics when it comes to diet and fitness. Some cardio, heavy lifting and calories in vs calories out.
However, every now and then I decide to try something different just to see if it makes a difference. So a few months ago I decided to cut out almost all dairy. I had no change in weight. But my skin and hair look amazing! I can't stop staring at my own glowing head. I didn't really change anything else consistently. I mean I do have a boyfriend now..knowwhatimsayin. But he's be around since May.
So what have you changed or tried and were surprised by the results?

Replies

• jlneibauer
    Options
    cutting out artificial sweeteners and diet drinks. I thought that by drinking those things, I could kinda cheat my way into having a sweet or two, but really it made me feel horrible. And after replacing it organic honey (I use it in my coffee and tea) I feel sooo much better!! Also, I have vitamin D3 and B and it really improved my mood!! I was feeling really cloudy in my mind and it really helped :)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    To truly test if it is dairy, you need to do a negative causality test.
    Restart dairy and see if your hair and skin go to pot in the same time frame.

Otherwise it's "boyfriend effect".
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Exercise. I started doing more and my pants started to literally fall off. I had lost weight but not until I started doing some toning exercises did I really see it.
  • BondBomb
    Options

I thought of this too in my DoE. But after performing a risk analysis I feel that the hair looks too good to change anything. So cost-benefit report says unless we break up nothing is going to change.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    So no more cheese or ice cream? While I know that we don't need dairy in our diets, I couldn't give up either.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BondBomb
    Options
    I didn't think I could either. But it turns out I really didn't consume that much in the first place. It wasn't a huge change.
    However you will have to pry the bacon from my cold, dead hands.
  • oxsarahhxo
    Options
    However you will have to pry the bacon from my cold, dead hands.

I am howling :laugh:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

I thought of this too in my DoE. But after performing a risk analysis I feel that the hair looks too good to change anything. So cost-benefit report says unless we break up nothing is going to change.

I buy it.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Interesting...

Pretty sure nice hair and skin is NOT worth giving up cheese. But then again I've been married 10 years.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I tried raw honey on my face after reading about it's benefits and yes it has made such a difference people have commented on my skin!
  • healthybodyhealthylife
    Options
    Ughhh I really wish I could give up dairy! Its just such a quick, delicious form of protein!

Cheese. Milk. Yum!!!

I have been slowly taking dairy out of my diet though. Cheese will be the hardest but theres no doubt its worth it! Congrats to you for doing it!
  • anned22
    anned22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed a difference yet, but I've changed my drinking habits. I cut out alcohol almost 2 years ago, but I'm now limiting my soda. Def. drinking more water. And I feel ya about that bacon.
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Decided to focus on Protein a week or so ago. It has helped tremendously! My sodium intake is WAY down, and my carbs and fats seem to just fall in line as long as I get my protein in. I can't believe the energy I have now, I am hoping it's the result of the changing eating habits...