Yoga lovers

Options
Hey all! New to the site! 35 pounds to loose here! Friends/support would be awesome! My method of weight loss? Yoga, walking and health food! Anyone else into the same?

Replies

• jquiz526
    Options
    Hey there! I'm a yoga junkie. It's made me so much more flexible, and it feels amazing when you're done with your workout! I'll add you :)
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Yay! I had been doing it for years, but I my new job has sort of gotten me out of the habit this last year and you sure can tell!
  • mizztanjo
    mizztanjo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I just started doing Yoga once a week with the P90X program. I love the idea of it and wanna start doing it more often than once a week, so support would be great! Feel free to add me :) -Tanya
  • LPintheCity
    LPintheCity Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Same situation here. Taking up jogging and a few strength exercises to lose some weight before graduation. Add me!
  • JustineV88
    Options
    I love yoga too! It complements my running and other activities but the best bit is the way it clears my head and leaves me feeling at peace :D Add me if you like xxx
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    yoga *check*
    health food *check*
    walking *check*

feel free to add me :D
  • Asherah29
    Options
    Adding Everybody! :D I do insanity too - the shorter 20 min workouts like Fast and Furious when I don't have a whole lot of time. Those are HARD but man they are fun!
    There are some great 20- min yoga workout's on amazon for just a little bit of nothing. Its so easy to do them before work or bed!
  • theDr0ux
    Options
    I am trying to eat clean and lift heavy. So far so good but a long way to go. I want to start Yoga also. It is something I've been interested in for years. I'd like to know best way to get started.
  • Asherah29
    Options
    There are some great workout programs out there... Do you happen to have Hulu or netflix? Those are two great ways to try out some yoga programs without actually having to shell out the cash (other than what you already are) and try out some great workouts! Hulu has an awesome series that I really liked, but I can't remember for the life of me what it was now... if you search yoga it will come up. It was a great program (33 videos) and had yoga from everything from beginner to advanced. If you're like me, i don't really like going to the gym, I'm clumsy, and i live in a rural area so its a drive for me to any gym, so i really like the videos. You can buy for your level and don't have to leave your home in order to workout! First thing I would suggest is getting a yoga mat! It will save your hands!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    I love yoga too! It complements my running and other activities but the best bit is the way it clears my head and leaves me feeling at peace :D Add me if you like xxx

this...i believe it definitly helps my running...flexibility and injury prevention!!!
  • theDr0ux
    Options
    There are some great workout programs out there... Do you happen to have Hulu or netflix? Those are two great ways to try out some yoga programs without actually having to shell out the cash (other than what you already are) and try out some great workouts! Hulu has an awesome series that I really liked, but I can't remember for the life of me what it was now... if you search yoga it will come up. It was a great program (33 videos) and had yoga from everything from beginner to advanced. If you're like me, i don't really like going to the gym, I'm clumsy, and i live in a rural area so its a drive for me to any gym, so i really like the videos. You can buy for your level and don't have to leave your home in order to workout! First thing I would suggest is getting a yoga mat! It will save your hands!

Thanks for the advice. I recently got rid of netflix.. have been interested in hulu plus but don't have it yet. I found an app for iPad that is similar to what you described. It's called Yoga Studio. I can show it on my TV via airplay so that works good for me. I downloaded and chose the beginner series. Did my first session this morning. It was difficult so I will have to keep it up to get good enough to advance. Thanks again for the advice - I'm gonna keep at it.
  • lilwoodster
    lilwoodster Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love yoga- I've been practicing for a few years now, trying to commit to going at least twice a week this year. I just feel better!
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Sounds like my initial routine, to a "T"! I started off by walking to and from work Mon-Fri and attending a hot yoga class every Saturday morning. I ate 1400-1500 (net) calories a day of mostly clean foods, with treats and cheats here and there of course, and was down 25 lbs in 3 months. Pretty successful I'd say! Now I am (slowly) upping my calories and running 3 times a week in preparation for a 5k in March, 10k in June, and half-marathon in October! I'm still doing my weekend hot yoga class, and home yoga sessions from www.doyogawithme.com . Check that website out! Tons of free lessons, all categorized for you.

Stay positive, forgive your mistakes, and strive for YOUR best. You can do it! Feel free to friend me if you like. My food diary is open to my pals. Good luck!:flowerforyou: