Michael Douglas as Hank Pym?

Options
MissDeeDee78
MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
It was just announced that Michael Douglas will play the role of Hank Pym in the upcoming Ant-Man movie. I assume Paul Rudd will play Scott Lang? Help me out fellow MFP nerds. :smile: What do you all think about the casting?

Replies

• tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    He was great in Falling Down and The Game. I'm sure he'll do a decent job as a superhero scientist.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    We'll have to see. Didn't think that Samuel Jackson was "Nick Fury", but after watching him play the part, I liked it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I always thought Ant Man was a younger guy....no offense to Douglas but well will see.
  • MissDeeDee78
    Options
    True, I thought the same and always picture him as a younger man. I was super excited when they chose Paul Rudd since I thought he would be perfect for the roll as Pym. Marvel has done a good job with choosing the right cast with the exception of Halle Berry....
  • T_Roc
    T_Roc Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    True, I thought the same and always picture him as a younger man. I was super excited when they chose Paul Rudd since I thought he would be perfect for the roll as Pym. Marvel has done a good job with choosing the right cast with the exception of Halle Berry....

Should be pretty good, although I wonder does this mean that Wasp is not going to be in the movie.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I always thought Ant Man was a younger guy....no offense to Douglas but well will see.

Agreed...but Marvel has done way better than DC when it comes to casting; so hopefully it will work out.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Michael Douglas, although an excellent actor, is to F-N old to play Henry Pym/Ant-Man. Now Paul Rudd, I could see that casting choice all-day.
  • MissDeeDee78
    Options
    I think they're asking Douglas to play the older Hank Pym who hands over the Ant-Man suit/powers to Scott Lang (Paul Rudd). Pym/Douglas will play more of a mentor to Lang/Rudd. I am trying to picture Michael Douglas in a more scientist roll and creator of Ultron (I think?).
  • WuTanquerayClan
    Options
    We'll have to see. Didn't think that Samuel Jackson was "Nick Fury", but after watching him play the part, I liked it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Actually, in Marvel's Ultimate universe, they modeled that Nick Fury after SLJ before the movies.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Paul Rudd ... Scott Lang / Ant-Man
    Michael Douglas ... Hank Pym

According to IMDB..... so MD is NOT Ant-Man.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    He's too old for Pym, they need a comedic actor also! Pym is not the most serious person!
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I think he's ok for Dr. Pym... but people, Pym is not Ant-Man in this movie, it's Scott Lang. pretty sure Paul Rudd has been attached to Ant-Man for years and I think it's a great choice! I'm so excited for Ant-Man, I've been waiting for this movie for ever!!!!

now I just wanna know who's playing the Wasp!!!
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Paul Rudd should be the Eric O'Grady Ant-Man. I liked him.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options

Techincally Marvel didnt cast Halle Berry as storm, although a Marvel character, all the movies right to X-men including storm belong to 20th Century Fox so blame them.

I do know much about Ant Man to make a judgement on the dynamics of the character but it can't help but to add talent such as Douglas to any film.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I think he's ok for Dr. Pym... but people, Pym is not Ant-Man in this movie, it's Scott Lang. pretty sure Paul Rudd has been attached to Ant-Man for years and I think it's a great choice! I'm so excited for Ant-Man, I've been waiting for this movie for ever!!!!

now I just wanna know who's playing the Wasp!!!

You auditioning for the role?
  • MissDeeDee78
    Options
    Me too! I am dying to find an iPhone cover of Ant-Man! I too am curious who would play Wasp.
  • MissDeeDee78
    Options
    Cingle87 - you're absolutely right, different movie production company however in general "Marvel/Disney" has chosen the right actor.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Me too! I am dying to find an iPhone cover of Ant-Man! I too am curious who would play Wasp.

I think Olivia Wilde would be good. :o

Tron-Legacy-Olivia-Wilde.jpg?v=1321379396276
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    ...I too am curious who would play Wasp.
    1000% agree! Hell, this pic looks kinda liike The Wasp already!

Now Michael Douglas as Henry Pym passing the torch to Paul Rudd/Scott Lang... now THAT I can support. It'd be nice to focus on an Ant-Man that doesn't have all of Pym's mental baggage.
  • MissDeeDee78
    Options
    ...I too am curious who would play Wasp.
    1000% agree! Hell, this pic looks kinda liike The Wasp already!

Now Michael Douglas as Henry Pym passing the torch to Paul Rudd/Scott Lang... now THAT I can support. It'd be nice to focus on an Ant-Man that doesn't have all of Pym's mental baggage.

Ha ha! Mental baggage! So True! Pym is well known to have a couple hissy fit.