Boycott cauliflower

Options

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who finds cauliflower crust pizza more yummy than regular pizza?

Yes. :cauliflowerforyou:
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    This is all news to me. What the eff are you going on about?

This!
  • My_Own_Worst_Enemy
    My_Own_Worst_Enemy Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    2n7i2i1.jpg

cot1.gif

255263347_30735386a6.jpg

24cb13c.jpg
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower is great when it's actually cauliflower. Using it as a substitute for something else is just wrong.

This! Curry and red onion cauliflower---yum! Cauliflower crust pizza/ "breadsticks"---NO!

Do you have a recipe for that? Sounds good.

I was gonna get excited, and share here.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I actually like cauliflower as cauliflower and covered with melted cheese, but yes it should be boycotted as substitutions for anything else!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Ha! I've been here for years..this is the first I've heard of a cauliflower complaint as well.

Did you just discover there were forums today?
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    2n7i2i1.jpg

cot1.gif

255263347_30735386a6.jpg

24cb13c.jpg

haha that was a good one!
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    You obviously haven't tried my buffalo chicken cauliflower souffle. It's freakin' fantastic.

As long as you're not substituting the actual chicken for cauliflower...
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    I am shocked at the number of people who have been here for years, and have no clue about the use of cauliflower as a substitute for various foods.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I can only get on board so far in boycotting its use as a substitute for awesomeness...I like it when used appropriately and as intended...and I'm a big fan of Aloo Gobi.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I am shocked at the number of people who have been here for years, and have no clue about the use of cauliflower as a substitute for various foods.

I love cauliflower bread sticks or cauliflower cheese sticks both have the same ingredients, mashed cauliflower in different shapes!
  • jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I have found a killer casserole that uses cauliflower as the base. My husband and kids devour it... but since you're all boycotting cauliflower, I'll keep this little gem to myself. That's too bad too. It's got cheese and ham and chicken and sour cream and all kinds of yummy goodness in it. :flowerforyou:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    You obviously haven't tried my buffalo chicken cauliflower souffle. It's freakin' fantastic.

As long as you're not substituting the actual chicken for cauliflower...

I had the same thought.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options

I love cauliflower bread sticks or cauliflower cheese sticks both have the same ingredients, mashed cauliflower in different shapes!
    GTFO of this thread. There's a group for that blasphemy: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14234-omg-cauliflower-om-nom-nom-nom-nom
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Don't tell me what to do! :angry:
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to jump on this bandwagon as long as said cauliflower isn't covered in cheese and bacon. Everything is better with bacon.

Well said.

And me too - that's what I'm having for dinner tonight - cauliflower, broccoli, bacon, mushrooms and leeks, all baked together in a cheese sauce with mozzarella and parmesan crust. And I'm so looking forward to it!
  • TonyTrink
    TonyTrink Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Read this article yesterday and nearly spit my coffee all over my keyboard, about 20 times. NOT a safe read with a cup of coffee, or any other beverage. I'm certain the author of the article would totally be on board with this thread. :)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kelly-maclean/surviving-whole-foods_b_3895583.html
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    Read this article yesterday and nearly spit my coffee all over my keyboard, about 20 times. NOT a safe read with a cup of coffee, or any other beverage. I'm certain the author of the article would totally be on board with this thread. :)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kelly-maclean/surviving-whole-foods_b_3895583.html
    I skip this aisle because I'm not rich enough to have dietary restrictions.

I lost it at this line...
  • Ms_Hiit
    Ms_Hiit Posts: 488
    Options
    I love cauliflower so much that it is no longer enough for me to eat it. I am going to start wearing it as a hat just like this woman

...want me to order you one John?

SHHHHH....don't tell him but I've got one on order for BrainyBurro for his birthday!!

2ee95eh.png
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I'm not using it to replace anything. I like my cauliflower. But i also like my mashed potatoes.