5 pound blues

Options
Argh! These last 5 pounds are being incredibly stubborn! Feeling very frustrated!

Replies

• MahanMC
    Options
    I have been struggling with the last 10lbs! I am determined to lose them before summer!!
  • rmadams124
    Options
    agree, the closer you are to your goal the tougher it gets! i have about 5 lb to go as well.

what has worked best for me in the past has been adding strength/lifting into the mix (boosts metabolism, and can really change body composition...even if the scale # doesn't move!) and mixing up my workouts frequently (every 1-2 weeks) to prevent my body from getting bored..or finding sneaky ways to make moves easier :) good luck!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I have been maintaining for about 2 years with "3 pounds to go." In that two years I have gone down from a size 10 to a 4/6 due to body recomposition from weightlifting. I'll take the size of my clothes going down over those stupid 3 pounds any day!!
  • Islandgirl74
    Islandgirl74 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    agree, the closer you are to your goal the tougher it gets! i have about 5 lb to go as well.

what has worked best for me in the past has been adding strength/lifting into the mix (boosts metabolism, and can really change body composition...even if the scale # doesn't move!) and mixing up my workouts frequently (every 1-2 weeks) to prevent my body from getting bored..or finding sneaky ways to make moves easier :) good luck!!

Tried it. Tried it. Tried it! lol I enjoy doing HIIT and it worked incredibly well for me. I lost the first 15lbs in 7 weeks. I also power walk with weights, interval walks, and strength training. I have also cut wayyyyyyy down on my carb intake and wayyyyyy up on my protein. Maybe I should try heavier weights? Ugh! So frustrating.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Tried it. Tried it. Tried it! lol I enjoy doing HIIT and it worked incredibly well for me. I lost the first 15lbs in 7 weeks. I also power walk with weights, interval walks, and strength training. I have also cut wayyyyyyy down on my carb intake and wayyyyyy up on my protein. Maybe I should try heavier weights? Ugh! So frustrating.

Yup! The best body recomp is going to come from progressively lifting heavier weights. If you're still lifting the same weight you did when you started strength training, you're not doing your body as good as you think.

There are set programs (Stronglifts 5x5 or New Rules of Lifting for Women) that can help guide you through progressive lifting.

Soon, that five pounds will mean nothing as your measurements go down!
  • Islandgirl74
    Islandgirl74 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    THE SCALE MOVED!! One single pound...but it DID move! Yay! Whew!