Breakfast??

Options
I have been searching for some tasty, quick, and healthy breakfast ideas. I have been eating couscous and homemade English muffin, egg, and Canadian bacon sandwiches. My breakfasts usually average about 300-350 calories (By the way, is that too much for breakfast?).

I want to find something quick but healthy, and easy to eat on the go. My only thing is I'm not big on sweets at 5:30 am or cold cereals (usually). Anyone have ideas?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    There is no set amount that you should or should not eat for breakfast. As long as you feel okay with it, it fits in your calories, and it doesn't lead you to overeat later in the day, 300-500 calories is fine.

Most of my breakfasts are on the sweeter side (protein shakes, Greek yogurt, overnight oats) but one thing you might try are baked egg cups. You just put some veggies, meat, and scrambled eggs into a muffin tin and bake them until done. You can make them ahead of time and heat them up in the morning.
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    eggs or egg whites, spinach, Canadian bacon pc of toast
  • DavidSTC
    DavidSTC Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I eat plain yogurt (no low-cal stuff) with berries, some honey and granola and always eat less than 400 calories. It takes me a few minutes to put them all together in one bowl, and a few minutes to eat. You can take it with you to go if you put the yogurt, berries and honey together in a closeable container.

Or, when I have more time, I eat two scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese, salsa and a slice of toast. That's under 400 calories. On some days, I have bacon or sausage, and I just eat less the rest of the day. I might not need my morning snack after an egg-and-meat breakfast.

Find what you like and fit into your daily calorie count.