STRETCH MARKS AND CELLULITE...

QueenBxIGPANTS
QueenBxIGPANTS Posts: 7
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
So I amnew to this whole site and basically new to fitness/diet. I never took a notice to just how overweight I was until I was visiting the beach this summer and a little girl made my 5 yr old daughter feel real bad by making fun of my stomache when I was in my suit. It was a reality check and I have been depressed ever since. My question is, I weigh 179 right now and I have horrible horrible stretch marks on my stomache and cellulite pretty bad too. Do the stretch marks go away when I lose weight or at least change colors? If they don't am I basically doomed, no matter what weight I weigh will I always have these stretch marks and cellulite? If so, then how do I get rid of this? These really bring me down and are very unmotivating.

Replies

• shame on that girl's parents! some people are like school in the summer...they have no class!
    I am not so sure about the stretch marks, i believe they may fade over time, not tanning them is good and using cocoa butter creme. As for the cellulite-the more fit and toned you get, the less cellulite you have, but do remember your little girls bottom even has cellulite on it, as does Heidi Klum:)
  • i have awful stretch marks from my first pregnancy.. sadly, they do not go away.. but they will fade to a silver color so they are a little less noticable.. There's a new Maderma lotion for stretch marks that is supposed to help, but I haven't tried it yet..
  • Hi,

Cellulite should reduce or even go if you lose weight and tone up areas, but as a previous poster says, some people get it some people don't and it's not just bigger people who have to deal with it. Generally you can improve the appearance though. As for the stretch marks, they won't go but tend to fade over time. I know how you feel as I have horrendous stretch marks that I hate and I haven't even had a child to blame it on pregnancy! A lot of people have stretch marks though, and again, even people who are not over weight. I hear very good things about Bio Oil, apparently it can make them fade to a very light silvery colour, lighter and quicker than time will.

Hope this helps xox
  • flsunshine
    flsunshine Posts: 188 Member
    shame on that child... i know with cardio you can lose the cellulite however stretch marks may or not fade over time. during my pregnancy i used st. ives callogen electin cream lotion and soap and as big as i was i didnt get a single stretch mark. i dont know if it would help for after having babies or not. good luck to you on your weightloss journey...
  • Hello there Justaimee3. I also have stretch marks, most mommies do!! I have deep stretch marks on my sides and tiny ones on my abdomen. My son was 10 lbs when he was born so he stretched Mommy out quiet a bit!!! I was upset about my stretch marks at first but I eventually began to accept them. They're here to stay and they dont even bother me that much anymore. I know that I'm taking care of my body (eating right/ excercising) and thats all I can do. They're just a reminder of the wonderful end result!! They have also faded without applying creams.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    My cellulite has mostly gone away but I actually gained stretch marks when I lost weight (or maybe I just noticed them when I lost?). Regardless, I like the new me and stretch marks will only be seen by those who are REALLY close to you (literally!).
  • My cellulite has mostly gone away but I actually gained stretch marks when I lost weight (or maybe I just noticed them when I lost?). Regardless, I like the new me and stretch marks will only be seen by those who are REALLY close to you (literally!).

You look great in your ticker how did you do it?
This discussion has been closed.