Fit By 40

Options
Hi, folks!

Have you ever had something get in your head and wouldn't leave. That happened to me. I got it in my head that I wanted to be fit by 40. Completely doable as I'll be 38 in April this year. I figured if I got it under control, lost the weight (my starting weight was 270 lbs), and hit the weights, I might just get it done. I'm not in a huge hurry, don't have any desire to drop a crazy ammount of weight, just to gain it back.

When people say "It's a lifestyle change," I never really believed that. I do now. It really is a lifestyle change and one that has yeilded decent results already. I was a Mt. Dew junkie; couldn't sleep without a bottle by my bed (and a blankie) :D. Hooked on the caffiene, when I tried to wean myself off of it before, I would get insanely painful headaches, the shakes, and nausea. I didn't think it could be done. I was wrong. This time I stopped drinking without any sort of problem. I think it's the will power.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the future and getting my butt in shape again and all that that brings. Just wanted to stop in and say howdy. :)

Replies

• CaliforniaAJ
    CaliforniaAJ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I completely get what you are saying. When I was 38 I was running a very busy online retail business and I ran around my warehouse 24/7 living on red bull and candy bars. The lovely ladies who worked for me knew to make me coffee on the hour, every hour, else I would not be able to keep going.

My goal in life had always been to work as hard as I could, so I could 'retire' at 40, as I had always had a vision that my life would really begin then. We didn't have kids, we didn't take vacations, just worked as hard as we could.

Well, it worked. A month before my 40th we moved to California from the UK, sold the business, and set about having fun.

+20 lbs later, I realized I had been having a LOT of fun with food. I had not been in the best shape to begin with, and I had just made it so much worse.

I am 30lbs into my journey, quite fit and very strong. I have a ways to go, but I'll be there soon.

My point is, you can't be lazy about this stuff. It's never too late to start, but start as soon as you can, so that you can get on enjoying your life in the best possible health.

Good luck and have fun!
  • aquiva33
    aquiva33 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I completely get what you are saying. When I was 38 I was running a very busy online retail business and I ran around my warehouse 24/7 living on red bull and candy bars. The lovely ladies who worked for me knew to make me coffee on the hour, every hour, else I would not be able to keep going.

My goal in life had always been to work as hard as I could, so I could 'retire' at 40, as I had always had a vision that my life would really begin then. We didn't have kids, we didn't take vacations, just worked as hard as we could.

Well, it worked. A month before my 40th we moved to California from the UK, sold the business, and set about having fun.

+20 lbs later, I realized I had been having a LOT of fun with food. I had not been in the best shape to begin with, and I had just made it so much worse.

I am 30lbs into my journey, quite fit and very strong. I have a ways to go, but I'll be there soon.

My point is, you can't be lazy about this stuff. It's never too late to start, but start as soon as you can, so that you can get on enjoying your life in the best possible health.

Good luck and have fun!

well said