Happy Pumpkin Spice Latte Day!

Options

Replies

• hungrymarathongirl
    Options
    I found this recipe today....apparently only 65 cals a serving!!!

1 1/2 cups non-fat milk
    2 tbsp pumpkin puree
    1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    3 tbsp Splenda
    1 cup strong brewed coffee
    1/2 cup light whipped topping
    Ground cinnamon, to taste

Add milk to a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and Splenda. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes. Do not boil.
    Add 1/4 cup coffee to a medium coffee mug. Add 1/4 of the milk mixture then top with 2 Tbsp light whipped topping and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
    Repeat for remaining servings.

** if you don't have pumpkin pie spice, you can make your own by using 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground ginger, 1/8 tsp nutmeg and 1/8 tsp ground cloves.

Nutrition Facts

Exchanges/Choices: 1/2 Fat-Free Milk, 1/2 Carbohydrate
    Calories 65
    Carbohydrate 10g
    Dietary Fiber 0g
    Sugar 7g
    Fat 1g
    Sodium 50mg
  • daniellesite
    daniellesite Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    OMG! That is my fav! Thanks for giving the calories...I had no idea. :smile:
  • leanmass24
    leanmass24 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Why why why, did you post this???

I was starting to forget that starbucks existed. Now I know they are serving my favorite flavor coffee. Grrrr. Now I will have to go out of my way to go and get one(I live in the sticks now so it is a 30 min drive to get to a starbucks). At least the calories aren't as bad as I thought.

Starbucks is evil.

Well hopefully I will forget about it by the time the cool weather hits here cause I don't dink coffee when it is still warm. Don't tell me to get the iced. :-)
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

I was starting to forget that starbucks existed. Now I know they are serving my favorite flavor coffee. Grrrr. Now I will have to go out of my way to go and get one(I live in the sticks now so it is a 30 min drive to get to a starbucks). At least the calories aren't as bad as I thought.

Starbucks is evil.

Well hopefully I will forget about it by the time the cool weather hits here cause I don't dink coffee when it is still warm. Don't tell me to get the iced. :-)

Fine. I won't tell you to go to Starbucks.

Go to Coffee bean & Tea Leaf! They've got a pumpkin pie latte!! :devil:
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options

Starbucks is evil.

Wait...I thought there was a Starbucks on every corner in America?:! LOL Love pumkin spice!!
  • KLaurean
    Options
    I found this recipe today....apparently only 65 cals a serving!!!

1 1/2 cups non-fat milk
    2 tbsp pumpkin puree
    1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    3 tbsp Splenda
    1 cup strong brewed coffee
    1/2 cup light whipped topping
    Ground cinnamon, to taste

Add milk to a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and Splenda. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes. Do not boil.
    Add 1/4 cup coffee to a medium coffee mug. Add 1/4 of the milk mixture then top with 2 Tbsp light whipped topping and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
    Repeat for remaining servings.

** if you don't have pumpkin pie spice, you can make your own by using 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground ginger, 1/8 tsp nutmeg and 1/8 tsp ground cloves.

Nutrition Facts

Exchanges/Choices: 1/2 Fat-Free Milk, 1/2 Carbohydrate
    Calories 65
    Carbohydrate 10g
    Dietary Fiber 0g
    Sugar 7g
    Fat 1g
    Sodium 50mg

THIS SOUNDS DELICIOUS!
    It's 1:30 in the morning and I now have the urge to go to the store lol.
  • leanmass24
    Options

I dont think that we have those down here... i have never seen them, or heard about them. Then I would have to go alot futher just for coffee.... that is not gonna happen.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed a venti today!!! was delish, nonfat, no whip, and about 330 cal if I recall... I added it to the food database w/ the info from their site. I've waited a year for this!!!

PS- I planned for this indulgence and still was under my daily goals (not usually habit- I lose more when I gobble all of them up)
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options

I dont think that we have those down here... i have never seen them, or heard about them. Then I would have to go alot futher just for coffee.... that is not gonna happen.

Well that's what I get for assuming CB&TL is everywhere. We've got plenty in Southern California.

clintswifey - thanks for adding it to the database! I added it to my food log when I divulged, but remember having to mess with the numbers a bit.
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    My favorite time of the year! I'm a little pertubed at how many more calories it is than my regular tall skinny vanilla latte, so I usually still stick with my go-to drink, but if I have the extra calories, I splurge on this delicious beverage. Pumpkin is pretty much the best flavor ever. I gorge on it through the fall/winter, and then am ready for it to come again the next year.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Whenever I feel like treating myself and have some remaining calories, I splurge and get a tall soy latte... The soy milk is nutty and delicious and if you add a pack of splenda and a splash of cinnamon, it's totally dessert worthy :) And high in protein and good fats!

Details:
    12 oz soy latte
    120 calories
    4.5 g fat
    10g carbohydrate
    1 g fibre
    8 g protein

I find this way more filling than a nonfat latte because the soy milk is more substantial. Maybe it's all in my head ... hehe But it's a great fall treat! Another great fall drink is a soy milk chai tea london fog, which consists of one chai tea bag, 6 oz hot water, 6 oz steamed soy milk and 1 pump of sugar free vanilla syrup (have to ask for SF). It is not on the menu so you have to order it specifically, but you can get it anywhere (not just SB) and it's wicked delicious!! And even less calories than the latte. Enjoy :D
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    for anyone interested in making lattes at home and by the way only 40 calories! try this...

take I cup almond breeze original unsweetened milk and microwave for 2 minutes.
    Add instant coffee of your choice ( I had hazelnut single serve plus some extra decaf to make it stronger)
    Add sugar free flavoring syrup (I used caramel)

Whip all the ingredients together. I bought an amazing tool called an aerolatte from BBB for 15 bucks. It whips up the milk so its nice and frothy. Go nuts and make different flavors, I'm sure adding pumpkin spice would be delicious!
  • leanmass24
    Options
    I think that I will stick with my Oregon Chai latte mix.... 120 calories and is my other favorite.... still might get the pumpkin spice one day if I do a nice workout and want to treat myself.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    I think that I will stick with my Oregon Chai latte mix.... 120 calories and is my other favorite.... still might get the pumpkin spice one day if I do a nice workout and want to treat myself.

LOVE Oregon Chai! That stuff is divine.
  • BMW6Series
    Options
    Pumpkin is good for you. It has anti-imflammatory properties.

For 130 calories, you can make yourself Pumpkin Spice Cider buy adding a Pumpkin spice tea bag to a mug of hot apple juice. Stash and Bigelow make pumpkin spice tea. 0 Calories if you make it with hot water.

Pumpkin seeds have health benefits as well. http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=82

BMW6Series
  • leanmass24
    Options
    i will just buy some pumpkins to cook. maybe I can figure out a way to make a good tasting low cal pumpkin pie. Or i can make pumpkin bread...mmmmmmm
  • lindzbindz
    Options
    the toffee mocha is extra good! but it has more cal. you can look it up on mfp iv already had both !
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    i will just buy some pumpkins to cook. maybe I can figure out a way to make a good tasting low cal pumpkin pie. Or i can make pumpkin bread...mmmmmmm

If you're thinking of baking something pumpkiny, you gotta try the pumpkin strudel caramel muffin thingers! From the Hungry Girl collection of desserts. My hubby just LOVES these things! Couldn't believe they came from a healthy recipe:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=647
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is the first day of fall! :) I have been waiting patiently... and I am celebrating with a PS Latte! :drinker: (Now, if only we had fall temps... it was 100 degrees here yesterday!) Hoping I can make do with pumpkin spice creamer from then until the red cups are here!

I noticed that salted caramel hot chocolate is back for the holidays (at least, it is on the website) :happy: :happy: and I'm going to have to do A LOT of exercise to fit that into my day! Hmmm... how many calories can I burn walking around looking at Christmas lights??? Maybe we can do a walking tour this year? It's only a mile to Starbucks from my house! :)
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Tomorrow is the first day of fall! :) I have been waiting patiently... and I am celebrating with a PS Latte! :drinker: (Now, if only we had fall temps... it was 100 degrees here yesterday!) Hoping I can make do with pumpkin spice creamer from then until the red cups are here!

I noticed that salted caramel hot chocolate is back for the holidays (at least, it is on the website) :happy: :happy: and I'm going to have to do A LOT of exercise to fit that into my day! Hmmm... how many calories can I burn walking around looking at Christmas lights??? Maybe we can do a walking tour this year? It's only a mile to Starbucks from my house! :)

That's such a great idea! Walk off those red cup calories by enjoying the twinkling lights of Christmas. I like the way you think!