Calorie help!!! PLEASE

Options
I am 5'3, 135lbs. I want to be 118lbs by summer. I am only walking about 40-120min a day. I've been eating about 1400 -1600 cals (not net) and haven't lost anything. Also, following a Low carb plan..

Help please!!!

Replies

• jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing this?
  • steffipaulina
    Options

almost 2 weeks and no weight loss.
  • mirandafaith88
    Options
    When I hit a plateau I added in strength routines and switched it up everyday. It helps a lot!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Did you seriously eat 1400 calories of chocolate yesterday? Impressive.

I'd go to this website and enter your information to find out how many calories you need to eat in a day. Off hand I think your calories are too low along with your protein.

scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

Yeah, this. And I am impressed too, in a non-sarcastic way.
  • bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Options

I'd go to this website and enter your information to find out how many calories you need to eat in a day. Off hand I think your calories are too low along with your protein.

I had a bad day yesterday - hence why I am re-evaluating my calories. Thanks for the negativity though.

I don't think she was being negative. 1400 calories of chocolate IS impressive. That being said.....I put in your info into IIFYM.com with 3 days of exercise and it says your should eat 1791 calories for maintenance. 1791 - 20% would be 1433 if you wanted a bit more agressive loss. Do you weigh your food? That really helped me with losing. You can do it. Just make sure you are logging everything every day.

edited for spelling
  • jennegan1
    Options
    May I ask why is there alot of "no name" brand stuff in your diary? Everything has a name even generic store brands....I dont see any fruits at all..I dont see too many veggies unless this "Atkins" Meals do and I dont know much about Atkins but are they pre packaged? Then how are you going to learn real portions if and when you stop using the Atkins foods?
  • jennegan1
    Options

Are you logging your calorie drinks? It took me over 4 weeks to see any loss cuz my body was holding onto water as my body got used to working out to help repair the damage to the muscles. It take over 4 weeks to see any loss and if you having alot of sodium make sure to get alot of water in for the day.... But give it time
  • steffipaulina
    Options
    May I ask why is there alot of "no name" brand stuff in your diary? Everything has a name even generic store brands....I dont see any fruits at all..I dont see too many veggies unless this "Atkins" Meals do and I dont know much about Atkins but are they pre packaged? Then how are you going to learn real portions if and when you stop using the Atkins foods?

I don't eat packaged foods - minus yesterday. The atkins meals are meals I pre-make at home and pre-portion. They consist of meat and veggies.

Generic is no name, here in Canada anyways. It's literally called "No Name" and comes in yellow packaging. see link below.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=no+name+brand&rlz=1C1ZMDB_enCA507CA569&espv=210&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&source=iu&imgil=BAK5Z81gfEgNTM%3A%3Bhttps%3A%2F%2Fencrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com%2Fimages%3Fq%3Dtbn%3AANd9GcQ80FGm-crROTeoJA3iR2QG4odhKtY9QHnm7osc2DoXNPOll7i9%3B250%3B220%3BCarWvXTEycNjEM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.brandchannel.com%252Ffeatures_profile.asp%253Fpr_id%25253D433&sa=X&ei=vIPVUqX5BciorgHFhoHgCw&ved=0CDQQ9QEwAQ&biw=1280&bih=665#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=BAK5Z81gfEgNTM%3A;CarWvXTEycNjEM;http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brandchannel.com%2Fimages%2FFeaturesProfile%2F433_profile_img1_noname.jpg;http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brandchannel.com%2Ffeatures_profile.asp%3Fpr_id%3D433;250;220
  • steffipaulina
    Options

Are you logging your calorie drinks? It took me over 4 weeks to see any loss cuz my body was holding onto water as my body got used to working out to help repair the damage to the muscles. It take over 4 weeks to see any loss and if you having alot of sodium make sure to get alot of water in for the day.... But give it time

I'm not drinking any calories. I'm following a low carb plan so my only drinks are water and the occasional no cal sparkling water.
  • jennegan1
    Options
    Oh ok thats right I read you are in Canada...Well just double check with the labels also because some of the database stuff might be wrong
  • steffipaulina
    Options
    Oh ok thats right I read you are in Canada...Well just double check with the labels also because some of the database stuff might be wrong

Ok, Thanks!
  • steffipaulina
    Options

I had a bad day yesterday - hence why I am re-evaluating my calories. Thanks for the negativity though.

I don't think she was being negative. 1400 calories of chocolate IS impressive. That being said.....I put in your info into IIFYM.com with 3 days of exercise and it says your should eat 1791 calories for maintenance. 1791 - 20% would be 1433 if you wanted a bit more agressive loss. Do you weigh your food? That really helped me with losing. You can do it. Just make sure you are logging everything every day.

edited for spelling

I always measure my food, I don't own a food scale. Do you think I still need one if I measure everything? Thanks :)
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    tredmill interval training
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Give it more than two weeks and get a kitchen scale.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to up your cardio.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

edited for spelling

I always measure my food, I don't own a food scale. Do you think I still need one if I measure everything? Thanks :)

I lost the bulk of my weight using measuring cups but switched to a food scale when I got closer to goal. I think you'd be surprised how far off the difference can be between weight and volume on certain foods. I think you'll have to decide whether or not it's worth it to you to try it out.
  • cancun42514
    Options
    I am 5'3, 135lbs. I want to be 118lbs by summer. I am only walking about 40-120min a day. I've been eating about 1400 -1600 cals (not net) and haven't lost anything. Also, following a Low carb plan..

Help please!!!

I'm 5'3" also and weigh slightly more than 135lbs and want to get down at least 10% of my body weight by summer (or before) and I eat 1200 cals a day and have lost 4lbs in two weeks. It works and I don't go hungry. Just incorporate a lot of veggies to fill you up because they are low calorie and you get more bang for your buck so to speak. I follow loosely to the Zone Diet program where I try and get 40% carbs (veg&fruit) 30% protein (this is hard for me) and 30% fat (this I keep going over a bit). It seems to work for me. Try it and see if it helps you.
  • bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    A food scale really helps with measurig meat. A couple ounce difference is alot. For example, 4 ounces of USDA boneless, skinless chicken breast is 129 calories. 6 oz. is 194 calories. 70 calories doesn't seem like much but it adds up.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    You wanted help, so here's your hard data. Realistically, you've only consistently logged the last 10 days (not 2 weeks). It's sporadic at best for the week or so prior to Jan 4. For the 10 days in a row you have logged, assuming everything is completely accurate, your 10-day average calorie consumption is 1581. Also, realize that the lower your starting weight, the slower it will come off. At 135, you can't expect to see 5 lbs gone with 10 days of consistent logging. Take it for whatever it's worht, but these are your real numbers using the data I can see via your MFP diary. Only you know how accurate your logging is.

I see a few people have put in links for calculating your TDEE...take a look at those links, read up on it and see if this is a method you think might work for you.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You wanted help, so here's your hard data. Realistically, you've only consistently logged the last 10 days (not 2 weeks). It's sporadic at best for the week or so prior to Jan 4. For the 10 days in a row you have logged, assuming everything is completely accurate, your 10-day average calorie consumption is 1581. Also, realize that the lower your starting weight, the slower it will come off. At 135, you can't expect to see 5 lbs gone with 10 days of consistent logging. Take it for whatever it's worht, but these are your real numbers using the data I can see via your MFP diary. Only you know how accurate your logging is.

I see a few people have put in links for calculating your TDEE...take a look at those links, read up on it and see if this is a method you think might work for you.

+1