Anyone use rings?

tgh1914
tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Does anyone else out there do ring training (like Olympic still rings)? I did it a lot in college and totally fell in love with it. It was the funnest time I ever had doing an upper body workout. And it didn't take long to get good definition. So after I "fell" out of shape later in life, I decided to order some off the internet try to return to it. I then learned that there's a decent number of people out there who do this as a regular workout. And it's a great one. Any others out there?

Replies

• tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Sounds like it would be a great workout. I'm interested in the responses that you'll get. Does it also help your core muscles or just upper body?
  • wan2b21
    wan2b21 Posts: 147 Member
    Wow.. That looks like a great exercise! I've never heard of them! Thanks for the info and idea!
  • tgh1914
    Sounds like it would be a great workout. I'm interested in the responses that you'll get. Does it also help your core muscles or just upper body?

Oh yeah, you can crush your core with rings. Here's one example of a good core workout:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-vmmrzKJ2s
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    I've looked into them but unsure how they would work with my home gym. Could you hang them off a power rack that is about 8" high?
  • tgh1914
    I've looked into them but unsure how they would work with my home gym. Could you hang them off a power rack that is about 8" high?

Sure. Well, I assume you mean 8', not 8" - you'd have to be pretty short. Here's a clip of someone who does a pretty awesome workout with a power rack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSaKIq-bS2A
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    haha, I am from Australia and always get the foot and inchese thing mixed up :P

This discussion has been closed.