A mile!

Options
Alioth
Alioth Posts: 571 Member
I ran a mile without stopping for the first time in 10 years! I even went on to walk another mile afterward. I didn't feel at all sick or faint. This sounds like a very small thing, but it took me months to achieve. It's been a major goal of mine.

So all of you walkers out there who want to be runners, you can do it!

Replies

• Jalah
    Jalah Posts: 14
    Options
    Awesome! Way to go! I'm hoping to be doing that soon!
  • amandaf7
    Options
    congratulations! i remember my first mile-it's not a small thing!
  • michelletr
    michelletr Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    that's awsome....way to go!
  • txtree50
    Options
    Good for you!!!!!!
  • HOLLYDAY247
    Options
    Awesome! I've never been able to do that, so it's definitely not a small thing to me... good work!!
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    that's wonderful! I remember how I felt when I ran my first mile! I was so proud of myself..... I cried a few tears of pure joy! happy for ya!
  • Topsurf3
    Options
    I think that is a huge accomplishment! Way to go girl!!!
  • Alioth
    Options
    Thanks guys for celebrating with me, now I feel like I'm on top of the world! And Hollyday and Jalah, you can totally do this. Let me know when you do!
  • AJWaddlesOn
    Options
    What an amazing accomplishment! Good for you! Are you following a specific plan? C25k? I'm a runner hopeful myself! SO looking forward to that one mile goal!
  • Alioth
    Options
    What an amazing accomplishment! Good for you! Are you following a specific plan? C25k? I'm a runner hopeful myself! SO looking forward to that one mile goal!

Thanks!

No specific plan. I just started jogging small spurts in between walking. I will have to figure out my next running goal after this, won't I?
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! That's totally awesome!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I'm so happy you achieved this for yourself. Wonderful.
  • spiritgurl
    spiritgurl Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Congrats...this is something you should be very proud of!! I think you deserve all of the cheer...it's also very motivational to the rest of us-Thanks!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is an achievement, keep it up
  • lilscuder
    lilscuder Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Alioth ~ Congrats. to You ! Don't you just feel terrific about yourself. You should. It really gets the endorphins going, and it makes you just want to keep getting better, and pushing yourself futher. Just to a comfortable place for you. After joining Curves, (which I totally love) I felt so good, I decided one day to take a walk afterwards.. That 15 min. walk led me to 1 hr. a day. Mon-Fri. Best thing I ever did for myself. Keep up the good work. It's all about lifestyle change. :wink:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I remember when I ran a mile for the first time IN MY LIFE back in July. I couldn't stop grinning on the treadmill and I called or texted like 5 people after the gym that night.

For your next goals, just keep setting distances or times that you want to hit. Right now my goal is to be able to run 5K on the treadmill. At the moment I need to take walk breaks to bring my heart rate down, but I'm up to running 20 out of 25 minutes. You're well on your way!!
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I remember when I ran a mile for the first time IN MY LIFE back in July. I couldn't stop grinning on the treadmill and I called or texted like 5 people after the gym that night.

I know! And then everyone is like, "Yeeah... good for you?", but you don't care because you're so happy! I remember it took me a while to realize when I had run my first mile... I got home and was logging my exercise and was like, "Waaaait.... I RAN A MILE OMG!!!".

Congrats on your first mile! Keep up the good work!
  • Alioth
    Options

For your next goals, just keep setting distances or times that you want to hit. Right now my goal is to be able to run 5K on the treadmill. At the moment I need to take walk breaks to bring my heart rate down, but I'm up to running 20 out of 25 minutes. You're well on your way!!

20 out of 25 minutes running is great. I can't wait to be able to do that!

Maybe I should make 5 k my next goal. It's about 3 miles so I would already be one third of the way there. Hmmmmm....

And again, thanks, everybody, for your support! :heart:
  • Alioth
    Options

I know! And then everyone is like, "Yeeah... good for you?", but you don't care because you're so happy! I remember it took me a while to realize when I had run my first mile... I got home and was logging my exercise and was like, "Waaaait.... I RAN A MILE OMG!!!".

Congrats on your first mile! Keep up the good work!

Lucky for me, I have really supportive friends. I did text one person, and she was thrilled.

That sounds like a great way to discover you ran a mile though.Yay surprises! Me, I was definitely staring at those numbers on the treadmill saying, "I'll just go 2/3rds...wait, I can do 3/4ths...I'm at 3/4ths! I can do the whole enchilada!!!"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!