The Pill and Dieting?

Options
2»

Replies

• MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    i recommend training for a marathon instead. I found in my own experience that when you are mentally and emotionally and physically exhausted from the constant training that nothing else really seems to bother you nor do you have time for it.

Cramps! aint nobody got time for that ... I got a 14 mile run this weekend!
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    i recommend training for a marathon instead. I found in my own experience that when you are mentally and emotionally and physically exhausted from the constant training that nothing else really seems to bother you nor do you have time for it.

You do realize that she's talking about menstrual cramps, right?
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

You do realize that she's talking about menstrual cramps, right?

Yes and I PROMISE my recommendation will fix the problem
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be rude, but severe menstrual cramps are not simply ignored by doing something else. Don't you think we women have tried everything under the sun to get rid of them?
  • csalazar89
    csalazar89 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I went on the pill about a year ago for the same reason, severe cramps. While it did help my severe cramps so much (I barely noticed any with my first period on the pill), I also gained a ton of weight without increasing my calories or decreasing my activity. I gained 10 -15lbs and at least a cup size in the 2 months I was on it and it was quite a noticeable difference since I was 108 beforehand. I just looked bloated all over. Not to mention horribly sore breasts and horrible mood swings and brain fog, my husband even mentioned that I was acting like a crazy b*tch (after I returned to normal lol) and I would have to agree with him. It was horrible and I will never go on it again.

I did lose the weight again very quickly after stopping the pill. The mood swings also disappeared and I felt like myself again within a couple weeks. That being said, everyone is different and not everyone has such a strong reaction. They also recommend trying different pills to find one that has less side effects for you, but I was so scarred by the one I tried that I will never try another one.
  • csalazar89
    csalazar89 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you usually do for your severe cramps currently, but I find if I take a 12 hour aleve right when I first start to feel them it makes them much more bearable. Midol/Advil/Tylenol/etc never work as well for me as Aleve does.
  • DriRose
    DriRose Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've been on it for only 3 months and the only effect I've had is clearer skin.

I do get major cramps but to be honest the pill did not do anything to help those, I still have to take some kind of pain reliever or I can't get out of my bed for 2 days.