Bored and in need of Vegetarian recipes!

Options
2»

Replies

• kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    From myrrecipies:

- Black bean burgers
    - Sweet potato fries
    - Kale chips
    - Eggplant lasagna, eggplant parmigana
    - Dips: Hummus, guacamole, bean dip, spinach dip, roasted red pepper dip etc.
    - Burritos, quesadillas
    - Veggie chilli and soups
    - Quinoa dishes
    - Lentil dishes
    - Chop suey w/ bean sprouts and veggies
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower Wings Serves 2(Sounds weird at first but not when I tell you it tasted like chicken wings or something covered in sauce you'd get from a Chinese takeout place.)
    - Chop half a head of cauliflower into bite size pieces and roast at 410 for 15 minutes.
    -Take out of oven and let cool while making the sweet and sour sauce.
    -After sauce is made and a frying pan is hot get another bowl and whisk in 1/4 egg whites and 1 tablespoon of corn starch. This will make the cauliflower have a ''fried'' texture.
    -Toss cauliflower is mixture and saute until nice and golden then add sauce and stir until thickened. Add s and p to taste and serve.

Eyeballed Sweet and Sour Sauce:
    Tablespoon brown sugar
    1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
    2 Tablespoons ketchup
    1/2- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
    2 Tablespoon pineapple juice
  • CleaverWard
    Options
    Chawanmushi. This is delicious and easy to make. I love it. I watched the video and her recipe is very good. You don't have to use kamaboko or chicken, you can use mushroom, a bit of noodle, tofu, whatever you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUm1zM_IetM
  • Dare2Believe
    Dare2Believe Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan & hubby is a die hard meat & potatoes guy. Cooking can get frustrating at times. But lately I have been doing this: make meatballs for his spaghetti, I eat just the pasta, he gets meat tacos, I make black bean tacos (really good), he gets beef fajitas I get veggie fajitas. This made my life a bit easier. Lunches for me consist of veggie wraps, homemade veggie burgers with baked, spicy, sweet potato fries, falafels, veggie soups or bean chili, etc.

My favorite recipe sites are fatfreevegan.com and myplantbasedfamily.com and I like the YouTube channel simple daily recipes.