help... eating when I get home from work

elloradannon
elloradannon Posts: 111
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
So I've discovered that my BIGGEST issue with controlling my eating is when I first get home from work and walk through the door. I instantly want to eat everything in sight. Usually my Husband and kids aren't home yet so it's just me and the dogs for 15 minutes or so and it seems like I always just get that "who cares" attitude and I start snacking away. Even if they are home, I still tend to snack while I am cooking dinner. I eat very healthy and always make sure to have a snack around 3:00 before I leave work, but then I still want to go crazy when I get home. I think it's more emotional than anything. The things I'm eating are good for you... but a spoon of peanut butter here, a handful of trail mix there... it adds up. And before I know it I'm not in control anymore. Any ideas on how to stop this?? Should I make a list of activities I can do instead and hang it on the fridge (I've been thinking about doing this but then I can't think of anything to write on the list). Thanks so much!
This discussion has been closed.