3 easy rules that helps me losing 5 pounds a week!

Options
2»

Replies

• katypres
    katypres Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Great advice!!!
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Your diet is similar to mine.
    I've been lucky this past week to have lost 2 lbs. as well. I don't think I'll get to 5 lbs./week, I don't have that much to lose, but I went from 24% body fat to 19%.
    Congrats on your weight loss! And congrats on finding what works for you!
  • adrienc
    Options
  • adrienc
    Options
    Sorry to say this, but 5 pounds a week seems a lot. I can only assume that you are losing water and muscle, which is not good by any means. Are you measuring your body fat regularly? If so, and the levels are to your satisfaction then please by any means don't change a thing. Otherwise, you may want to re-think your whole fitness and nutrition plan.

Not trying to be rude or anything, just some well intended critic. Hope you don't mind.

Take care.

Thanks for your concern! I do track my body fat index using measurements (waist, hips, neck, wrist, foream)
    I went from 22.5 in july to 20 two days ago. To me, that means I´m losing fat, or am I totally wrong??
    Don´t know about the water loss though, but I´m sure keeping hydrated all the time (8 cups a day or more)

And about muscle, I can´t know for sure if I´m losing from other parts or not, but I actually gained half an inch on my biceps circonference... can´t be that bad, right?
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say this, but 5 pounds a week seems a lot. I can only assume that you are losing water and muscle, which is not good by any means. Are you measuring your body fat regularly? If so, and the levels are to your satisfaction then please by any means don't change a thing. Otherwise, you may want to re-think your whole fitness and nutrition plan.

Not trying to be rude or anything, just some well intended critic. Hope you don't mind.

Take care.

Thanks for your concern! I do track my body fat index using measurements (waist, hips, neck, wrist, foream)
    I went from 22.5 in july to 20 two days ago. To me, that means I´m losing fat, or am I totally wrong??
    Don´t know about the water loss though, but I´m sure keeping hydrated all the time (8 cups a day or more)

And about muscle, I can´t know for sure if I´m losing from other parts or not, but I actually gained half an inch on my biceps circonference... can´t be that bad, right?
    You can lose inches without losing fat. Losing muscle and water will cause your inches to go down.

The only truly accurate way to check body fat is not something you can do at home an dinvolves being submerged in water and electrodes and complicated, expensive stuff like that. There's no way to know by taking measurements that you're losing body fat, only that you're getting smaller.
  • adrienc
    Options
    Another thing... for those who thinks I'm doing the Gandhi diet =)
    my aim is to get 1200 NET calories a day.

That means when I go to the gym and burn out 300 calories, I'm eating a total worth of 1200+300 = 1500 calories that day, in order to get 1200 NET calories.

No rocket science in it, I'm just following MFP advice (btw this magic number of 1200 NET calories/day is also the recommended number I got from MFP after entering my biometrics and my goal)

I'm never feeling hungry during the day, and I'm sure not starving at all.

Today is 1st day of my week #4 and I check my weight : I'm 83.7 kg and my BMI is now 24.9 (not overweight anymore!).

That means I "just" lost 2 pounds since last week.

Sounds to me as my body somehow needed to shed those extra pounds during the first weeks and now that I'm getting closer to my ideal weight, my weight loss is now slowing down and leveling to a smoother (and granted, healthier) rate.

Thanks again to all for your posts, and remember: do what seems right for you but keep it fun and enjoy life!