How much weight do I need to lose to achieve this? (Pics)

Options
2»

Replies

• ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    oh, and posture will do a lot. Remember, there are internal organs in there. That is why women have a little pouch. Some women will always have one and how you stand can really show it off or conceal it.
  • GeeKayFettle
    Options
    hey
    fat is the thing you need to lose not weight, get on the diet like keto and do HIIT cardio you'll start seeing results within 1 month
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Some of the responses you've gotten on this have incorrect information. "Toned" means your body fat percentage is low enough to show your muscles/abs. Honestly the most efficient way to achieve this is to lift weights while eating at a slight calorie deficit. Look into the program Starting Strength - it's easy to follow. Lift, eat as much protein as you can, and keep a slight calorie deficit (somewhere around 250 a day to lose half a pound a week).

Edit: Also, I doubt you need to lose 20 lbs to get there. I'm thinking probably more like 10-12. Good luck! :)

+1

Weight training plus other exercises that focus on your abs seems like the right choice here. Do you need to lose weight? I don't think so. You just need to recomp. I say, "just" because it will be hard work, but you will very likely enjoy the results.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I would suggest weight training, trust me it will change your life and you will see awesome results, the picture of the girl you have, seems to do other stuff beside focus on cardio, and you should as well

20lbs seems a bit much, I think you will get there well before that

Goodluck
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    I think you are closer than you realize.

I also think you need to realize that you have an overall different body shape than her so no matter what ya do, it is not going to look the exact same.

That is not necessarily a bad thing btw.
  • rochelleyy
    Options
    Thank you for all the wonderful responses :)

This post is not about thigh gap, just because I mentioned I want thinner thighs. Something I didn't mention is I also want slimmer arms, what I'm trying to get at is I guess I just want to lose excess fat all around. I already do have a very small thigh gap anyway and I'm not worried about it getting smaller; if it does in the process, then it does.

This post is also not exactly about comparing. Well it is, but I'm not putting myself down and raising the example photo higher, if that made sense. I do like my body, and I'm grateful for a high metabolism.

I don't mean to start heat on the forums, I'm just trying to settle a couple inquiries.

I may be able to take this post down earlier as I saw from one poster that it can only be within 1 hour, because I didn't expect this many responses. This is more than enough. :)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the wonderful responses :)

This post is not about thigh gap, just because I mentioned I want thinner thighs. Something I didn't mention is I also want slimmer arms, what I'm trying to get at is I guess I just want to lose excess fat all around. I already do have a very small thigh gap anyway and I'm not worried about it getting smaller; if it does in the process, then it does.

This post is also not exactly about comparing. Well it is, but I'm not putting myself down and raising the example photo higher, if that made sense. I do like my body, and I'm grateful for a high metabolism.

I don't mean to start heat on the forums, I'm just trying to settle a couple inquiries.

I may be able to take this post down earlier as I saw from one poster that it can only be within 1 hour, because I didn't expect this many responses. This is more than enough. :)

You can report your own post or PM one of the mods to take it down if you feel uncomfortable with it staying up, as long as there's some semi-legitimate reason that you don't want it up, I think you'll find they're compliant. (Though I wouldn't expect an immediate response, it won't be high priority)
  • RoseGoldDinosaur
    RoseGoldDinosaur Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I think you need to get the outfit the girl in the first picture is wearing before deciding anything. Her looser shorts and well-placed top are creating the illusion that she is significantly thinner. Your bikini is creating lines that are cutting your shape in an unflattering way. Strings will always pinch even if you are all skin and very little fat. I work in photography and spend a lot of time photoshopping as part of my job. I promise you that clothing choice and lighting are like smoke and mirrors.

Once you recreate the situation you'll probably realize you're closer to your ideal than you think. Then follow whatever plan works best for you for slight modifications. Honestly though if you told me both pictures were the same girl wearing flattering and unflattering clothes I'd believe it.