Getting Married in October

Options
I think this is it. This could finally be my year when I keep my piehole shut and get all of this weight off. I started and restarted and then restarted again over and over again for a couple years now. On that day and all the days to come, I want to be meeting my potential. I want to walk down the aisle proud of my accomplishments and I want to start a new chapter of my life. A HEALTHY chapter with my amazing husband. I know its every brides wish and I know I should just want to be fit and healthy and that be enough. But my wedding day is a nice finish line to complete a total mind and body transformation that I can MAINTAIN for the rest of my life.

Are there any other soon-to-be brides out there?! Any and all of the support is welcome!

Replies

• amyx593
    amyx593 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I just got married in October. Started with MFP in May 2013 (had signed up earlier but never used it) and lost about 22lbs by my wedding day. If you start now and keep that ultimate goal in mind, you CAN ACHIEVE IT! Make sure you log into MFP every day and log everything you eat or drink. Be honest and realize that the time will fly by! GOOD LUCK!
  • mbagradstudent
    Options
    My wedding isn't until May 2015 so I have a little more time than your October wedding...but I refuse to dress shop until I lose at least 5 more lbs.

I know I was bad last week for my birthday but I'm trying to get back on track to lose those 5 lbs by this summer so I can try on dresses and feel good about myself.

Good luck with your weight loss!
  • PatiencePerceptionandPeace
    Options
    I wish you success! The key is to maintain the healthy lifestyle after you get married. I got hitched in December 2006 at 173 lbs and I looked thin and lean, I know, that's a lot of weight to some, but for me, it was almost perfect. Since being married it had gone up and down and up and down. You can do it girl! I know you can :)