Workouts at home?

Hello, I'm trying to loose weight again, and I'm out of idea.
I'm going to start horseback riding 4-5 times a week, where I have to walk 2 kilometers per way to the stable.
I was thinking in between that I wanted to do more at home, but I'm a bit lost to what I should do (no I can't put a Wii up, I don't have enough room to do the stuff).
But what should I do? Squats? Sit-up? I'm trying to loose around 30 pounds.

Replies

• aharper84
    aharper84 Posts: 67 Member
    www.fitnessblender.com
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Horseback riding is great exercise for the horse.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    www.fitnessblender.com
    Fitness Blender is awesome.

More awesomeness with Nike Training Club app if you've got a smart phone. Loads of workouts in both places, and all free.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Tons of workouts here....Jessica Smith is great: http://www.youtube.com/user/jessicasmithtv

Hulu.com has a health & fitness channel

collagevideo.com is a great resource for finding workout DVDs...............you can view clips, see what equipment is required, impact level, choreography level, etc. Your local library may have some of the DVDs to check out.

You can look up a bunch of body weight exercises (squats, planks, etc) ......but I usually get bored with "paper workouts"

For me the key to working out regularly is finding something I like.
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    I like Fitness Blender and searching for different channels on YouTube. Plenty of ideas to suit my WO needs for the day and time available.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    losing weight = caloric deficit.

IE: you don't HAVE to work out lose weight. I recommend fitnessblender as well, but you can't out-exercise a poor diet.
  • itsmariexo
    itsmariexo Posts: 4 Member
    I know, trogalicious. I just want to tone up while doing it :)
    My friend who graduated chef-school(cooking) learned how to make proper meal plans so I'm going to get that, so no poor diet ;)

Also horseback riding is not only great for the horse but yourself ;)

I will try fitnessblender!
  • fitnesspinay
    fitnesspinay Posts: 9 Member
    www.fitnessblender.com

Thumbs up!
    Cool workout at home.
  • 141by2016
    141by2016 Posts: 179
    DailyBurn is pretty neat too!
  • I use my medicine ball religiously and can burn a ton of calories in a 20 minute workout with tons of exercises you can find online! Good luck!
  • Mojoman02
    Mojoman02 Posts: 146 Member
    I'm doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred...there is a thread somewhere in Exercise just for those people doing it. I like it because it only takes 20 minutes. I'm still on Level 1, but there are two more levels once I've conquered that one. All you need are hand weights.
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    If done properly, horseback riding is a good workout for both horse and rider.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    I do workout dvds at home all the time, mostly aerobics and circuit training (like 30DS).
  • YouTube videos are awesome! I like Jillian Micheals videos. You can get some Insanity workouts too on dailymotion.com
  • jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    There are a lot of circuit training routines on pinterest. Also youtube has the 30 day shred for free.