40 something needs motivating friends! Anyone interested?

Options

Replies

• jumpingjohnney
    jumpingjohnney Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely interested in that. I'm 44 and just started exercising and eating right last week-AGAIN!! Working out 6 days a week, it's a cross between kick boxing and fitness bands. 45 minutes every day. Goal is to give it your all. First week was really tough. Survival mode mostly. I have always been a horrible eater. Skip one or 2 meals a day only eating once, sometimes twice. Since 2004 have gained an avg. of 6.5pds a year. My body is a mess. I really don't want to fail this time.
  • christinepz1
    christinepz1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in the 40 age group also been on weight loss journey for about a year now have maintained weight loss but reaching for 5 more:happy:
  • beinggood
    Options
    THANKS!! :drinker:

I added you all! We can help each other!

Always like meeting new friends! :bigsmile:
  • LaraRN
    LaraRN Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I can use some motivation! Thx!
  • beinggood
    Options
    I added everyone!:happy:

THANKS!!!:wink:

This is going to be GREAT having all this support for one and other!!:love:
  • Poolsidekitty
    Poolsidekitty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! Started in January and have 20 pounds to lose.

I'm 47 and would like to be fit and 50!!

Please add me. Thank you
  • taebodiva
    Options
    Hi, I'm 44 please add me I need all the support I can get just started moving again after 40 feels all uphill LOL
  • jon40084
    jon40084 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I already have some great supportive friends but could always find room for more.
  • beinggood
    Options
    AWESOME, THANKS!! :flowerforyou:
  • Mimi_Dawn
    Mimi_Dawn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Feel free to add me too.
  • SamsyQueen
    SamsyQueen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I turned 40. I have lost 65 lbs, and gained back 15, so now I am back trying to recover ground and keep going. I had a son last year and need to keep up with him and be healthy!
  • Poolsidekitty
    Poolsidekitty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone out there who is 40 + something! Don't give up. The body that you have now is what gets you where you need to go. If you're not happy with the way you've been treating it, or it's been treating you, the good news is.... What your situation is today will not be what it is in 5 weeks. In the words of Ghandi, "be the change you want to see in the world."
  • petegoldberg
    petegoldberg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey hey... just my kinda group. 43 yrs old and 40 pounds to lose. Count me in too, the motivation around here is pretty kick-butt...

Cheers all!

Pete
  • FemmeFire
    Options
    I'll be 40 in March...anyone committed to a healthy lifestyle can feel free to add me!
  • beinggood
    Options
    Wow!! I just love all the support with MFP!!!

You all are so inspiring to me!!

Thanks! I added all of you!!:drinker:
  • mikeshostek
    mikeshostek Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and have been working hard the last year trying to get to my weight goal so feel free to add me, the more friends for support the better!
  • madyooch
    madyooch Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Im 43 and lost 25 LBS between january-june 2013, but in January 2014 Im right back where I was last year- so disappointing! So I clearly need some motivating too!! Please add me!
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hey, 43 here, you can add me for support. This is a great site
  • _onYxx_
    _onYxx_ Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey folks,

43, male, a bit too big around the middle, need the motivation of friends who might look at my diary and see how crappy I eat sometimes. Been around the fitness/diet block a few times. I have screwed up and succeeded enough that I can probably share some insight and motivation.

I tend to think I can do everything all by myself, which is why I have been on MFP for years but only have one friend. That hasn't been working so well for me lately. Would like to connect with some like-minded folks like yourselves.

--Andy.
  • scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I've been in the 40's group for a couple of years now. Feel free to add me if you'd like!