Gadget Fans: Fitbit Flex - Yes or No?

Options
13»

Replies

• Lovlilyn
    Lovlilyn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I got the Force for Christmas, and I like it so far. I had worn a BodyMedia armband for over a year, and so when I saw I could wear this on my wrist, I was attracted to that feature. So far, I find it pretty accurate. I keep forgetting to set my sleep, but you can add it in on the website. I don't like that part of it - BodyMedia would just know when you were lying down or sleeping, but OTOH, my BM monitor sometimes showed me as being awake and vertical for hours in the middle of the night (which wasn't accurate), so it's a trade off :-)
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for the Flex, but I've had a Fitbit One for over a year now and I LOVE IT!!! It's tiny and can clip onto virtually ANY outfit and hide easily. It counts my steps, stairs/floors, distance, and how many calories I've burned, which seems to be pretty accurate in my experience. It syncs super easily to MFP and I've found the sleep feature to be quite helpful because I struggle with getting quality sleep!

It may be a glorified pedometer, but the step counting, distance, and calories burned are all pretty accurate and seeing all of those numbers every day and then on charts online over a period of months really motivates me! That and the badges! My Fitbit One has helped me live a more active life in general! So I'd definitely recommend a Fitbit product!
  • caroline_mason42
    caroline_mason42 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit One and love it - it really drives you to add just a few more steps each week which is very motivating and i love getting my smiley faces on the dashboard each day....the obly thing i would have changed is to have it in black as it is easier to hide on a black suit, but I have ordered a new black jacket for it so hopefully i will be able to hide it a little better from now on - Love it :happy:
  • shannova
    Options
    I just received my fitbit flex yesterday and so far I am a bit disappointed. The step counter seems WAY off. I understand that with any movement there will be some steps added but I feel like it is almost doubling (if not more) my steps. I'm going to give it a few more days to see how I like it. If I don't feel like it's very accurate I'm going to return it and try something else. For $100 I don't want something that is just throwing out crazy numbers that aren't going to help me.