weightlifting for women?

Options
Can anyone give me a strenght training plan for women? Im not particularly interested in training legs but more arms, back, and abs..

Replies

• Smashley1947
    Options
    Ive just started training regularly, I have done stuff before but off and on.

My advice

squats, lunges, deadlifts (yes they are 'leg' workouts but they also work on your core), My plan is weight training 2-3 times a week, and no more then that. Also pushups and the plank.

Check out bodybuilding.com for exercises. you can search for muscle group, plus filter for whatever equipment you have available to you and they have videos on how to properly train. Don't get freaked out by the site since it is focused towards heavy lifters, its still a good site for basics.

I prefer free weights and I have found there are a lot of similar ways to work the same muscle or body group. So start simple and build from there.
  • fitgirlforlife1
    Options
    Did you find that you gained weight and gained inches on your waist and hips? Cause thats what happend to me so now i stopped.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Starting strength, strong lifts, strong curves or new rules of lifting for women
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Starting strength, strong lifts, strong curves or new rules of lifting for women

I strongly suggest this as well.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    any plan suitable for a male.

Not training an entire muscle group is a great way to create some imbalances and increase the risk of injury. (not to mention it generally looks pretty unaesthetic)
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Jamie Easson has a good plan on bodybuilding.com
  • MizPassion
    MizPassion Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Which book is more of a quick/easy read? Starting strength or Stronglifts? I want to do NROL4W when I have more time.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    stronglifts is an easy read...
  • MizPassion
    MizPassion Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    stronglifts is an easy read...
    k Thanks!