Challenge 4 U -Need a myfitnesspal to make me accountable...

Grldisney
Grldisney Posts: 6 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
My name is Teri and I am new here. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired! I can't seem to find anyone in my neighborhood that not only needs to lose weight, but will be serious about it.

I have have a few workout partners, but they just want to go to the gym and socialize. I can do it myself but I would love to have a coupleof people to talk to and listen to them. I feel if I find someone on here, they will be serious. I have to admit, I lose steam when I start with a new program.

I do have a bodybugg and I really like using that. I need to reup my subscription which I am doing tonight. I have access to a neighborhood gym that we pay for wheather we go or not. The $40 fee is mandatory for living in our neighborhood. I live in Colorado so the weather can be quite a challenge. I do have a basement with a stationary bike, small individual trampaline, The firm (from a garage sale) and My favorite.....The Shred by Jillian. I want to work up to being able to do the P90X. I work from home. I run a home daycare. I do run around alot but not enough to lose weight.

I am a 22/24 and I weigh 262 ibs. After looking at the charts I should be at about 140 lbs. Wow do I have alot of work....

Anyone up for the challenge????????

Replies

• You can add me if you like. I also need to lose quite a bit of weight. I have to do the cheap version of exercise right now so our exercise routines wouldn't be comparable, but I'm always up for conversation, tips, and encouragement.

KIM
  • I don't know how well I would be as an accountability partner, but I'm certainly here to encourage. I have bounced all over 200-almost 300 pounds....now currently at 226. I started Myfitnesspal (for the second time) a few weeks ago and I'm down 17 pounds. The most important thing I have found is don't give up and get your mind RIGHT......it does take some encouragement and hard work...but anything is possible if you set your mind to it.

I have wanted a bodybugg for several months now, but just can't break down and spend that kind of money....I'm a stay at home mom. I'm only averaging about 2/3 pounds per week....but hopefully will be able to build some muscle and see larger numbers in a few weeks. My husband is my main encourager....he just started in the last few weeks getting up and exercising with me every morning. If possible, get up a little earlier and get your workout in....then you have no excuses for "making it happen". I get up at 4:50 every morning and exercise and spend quiet time with God---it just gets my day started off right. Don't give up and don't wait on anyone to exercise with you......just do it for YOU!!!!! You seem like the kind of person that makes time for everyone else, but neglect the most important person of all....YOURSELF...it's ok to take some time for YOU!
This discussion has been closed.