Healthy (guilty) snack/dessert ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• Charlottesometimes23
    Options
    Another think I do is to blend a 250g tub of Greek yogurt with a 250g tub of cream cheese (reduced fat if you prefer as it reduces calories) and a lemon jelly (jello) made up with about a quarter of the amount of water that it tells you. I add a small can of crushed pineapple drained and pour it into pie dish. If you like, you can crush a few biscuits and add a little moisture (butter or I use the juice from the fruit) and press it into the pie dish as a base beforehand. It makes a delicious light pie. I've done it with strawberry jelly and fresh strawberries too. Yum.

Wow - I can't tell you how good this sounds. I love the addition of Greek yogurt and fresh fruit. Does it freeze well, do you think? The muffin cup suggestion was also a great tip. Can't wait to try it!

I've never tried freezing it but I can't see why not. It really is a delicious dessert.
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Great ideas here, thanks for sharing.
  • FatKidAtHeart88
    FatKidAtHeart88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    These ideas all sound so good! I am going to try the cheesecake pudding mix with the yogurt. I will see if my mom will eat it too!

Ben and Jerry's sells individual servings of ice cream. I usually have one in my freezer as an emergency treat. That way I wont grab something larger that has more calories. Sometimes I just can't get away from sugar.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this fits into your dietary requirements, but I like chocolate mousse pudding.

1 package Jello pudding mix (I like chocolate, but anything works)
    1.5 cups skim milk
    .5 cup heavy cream

Mix everything together with a hand mixer for 2 minutes and put into single serving containers. Because the heavy cream whips up, it increases the volume so you get a lot more servings. It's like 140-some calories each for 8 servings.
  • Krikit34
    Krikit34 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I skip making the ice cream and and having to clean a processor. I just slice a banana in a bowl, stick it in the freezer for a bit (depending on how hard you want it), top with a LITTLE choc. syrup.