Tracking Calories thru Technology

Options
Ok so I'm sure this has been discussed before but I am new so be nice. I have an infant so I'm not really able to get back in the gym yet. My workouts take place in my living room and I really want to be able to track my calories and log them correctly. What should I buy to get the most accurate reading for calories burned? FitBit band, polar heart rate monitor, high-end pedometer, etc. What have yall had the most success with? Thanks!!

Replies

• Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    For your workouts it is best to use a heart rate monitor. I have a fitbit and a heart rate monitor and use the fitbit to measure my daily activity and the heart rate monitor to give my a closer estimate of my calories burned during active exercise.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I think you will find that there are people on MFP who love their HRM's and those that love their Fitbit's. I happen to be a Fitbit lover, but I think that either one will work well.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    For your workouts it is best to use a heart rate monitor. I have a fitbit and a heart rate monitor and use the fitbit to measure my daily activity and the heart rate monitor to give my a closer estimate of my calories burned during active exercise.

This

Also look at the Bodymedia fit
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I think you will find that there are people on MFP who love their HRM's and those that love their Fitbit's. I happen to be a Fitbit lover, but I think that either one will work well.
    Fitbit is only relatively accurate for step type exercises. For other types of exercise, it's not accurate at all.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i vote for the HRM . i really like my polar ft 60
  • page8040
    page8040 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!