Sit-up back cushion?

Options
I'm not sure of the correct name to call this but I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase a cushion for my lower back while doing sit-ups? Thanks

Replies

• SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Why not an exercise or yoga mat? You get them in various thicknesses and their great for any floor your likely to do.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I would suspect all you need is a padded mat and not a special lumbar cushion.. causing artificial hyper extension in the lumbar doesn't sound like a good way to work the abdomen when you can do things like scissor kicks.
  • nicolex86
    Options
    I have lower back issues and any flat surface no matter the cushion is uncomfortable
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Then I wouldn't recommend that exercise at all. You should do reverse crunches off cables or seated. If you don't have access to a gym you can do it with resistance bands tied to something taller.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    it's called the abmat and you can get it on amazon or any large sports store.
  • nicolex86
    Options
    Thank you and thanks for the advice :)
  • daisyrogers04
    Options
    Hello!
    How are you ?

I would suggest you using large floor or normal very soft cushions for sit-ups. Because hard surface may cause problem in your back and if you have already back problem then you must use very soft cushions for your back. Cushions are the best and make you feel comfortable than mats. Must try! :)

Best of luck!!
  • edwardkim85
    edwardkim85 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I have lower back issues and any flat surface no matter the cushion is uncomfortable

It's called an "AB MAT". :D