Sweating for the Wedding - Looking for Friends/Support!!!

Options
I am getting married in just under 6 months (July 12) and I am looking for some support! I have already lost about 80 pounds but I have been slacking the last couple of months. I am really wanting to lose another 20ish pounds before my wedding so I will look great in my dress :) just looking for some friendly people to support me (and be supported back of course!) over the next few months to help me hit my goal - to lose 100 pounds all together and feel beautiful in my wedding dress! :)

Replies

• ae6clarke
    ae6clarke Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi :)
    I'm in the same boat- I lost 20 kilos over the last year or so, and would like to lose another 8-10 before my December wedding.
    Add me if you like :)

Amy
  • kaapo
    kaapo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I still have about 8 kilos to lose before my wedding in august. Lately it has been so diffucult drop any weight haven't lost any weight since november:(
    Now is the time to do something about it:)
  • Hillary_Shea
    Hillary_Shea Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi!

My wedding is set for July 12th also (SO WEIRD) !!! I just began (January 1st) dieting, giving up all drinks except water and exercising 5 days a week (minimum). I am also hoping to lose weight and look good in my dress as well! :]

-Hillary
  • AnguishLanguish
    AnguishLanguish Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hiya,
    I'm getting married in 2015 so I am working hard this year to drop the kg's!
    Have sent you a friend request :-)
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You can add me for support!
  • Jaymeow11
    Options
    Im wanna lose about 40 lbs so i can find a man to marry! hahha but congrats ladies
  • KilCARR
    Options
    My wedding at the end of May 2014 but I have to be in top shape for my dress fitting in Feb (I'm having the dress made bespoke so I think my dress maker is going to be a bit peeved if I change shape too much between Feb and May) other than toning up!

I'm going with a "dry" January 4:3 fasting and the Insanity programme - am I mad!?

Would love to join a group for support - 130 days to D-Day!
  • MissMeghan802
    Options
    I am getting married on 9/5/2015! I am trying to loose as much weight as possible before I pick a wedding dress early next year!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on the 5th June. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • dmarsh1018
    dmarsh1018 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Getting married in September 2015, so I have quite a ways to go, but I would like to be at my ideal weight/size by October this year (for my 30th birthday and dress shopping)! Everyone feel free to add me!
  • MzBriz
    MzBriz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married June 24 in Hawaii so I'm definitely trying to get in shape for that! Feel free to add me!
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that. Had to lose weight for my wedding also. Lost 72lbs so far... and I have 8lb to go to reach my goal. Add me if you would like, I am on everyday
  • May_Rose
    May_Rose Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married 9/6/14. I need to lose 10 lbs to get back to where I was in my profile pic =). Hoping to have a bit lower body fat % than in the photo, too. I want a defined 6 pack for my honeymoon and teardrop quads! My fiance thinks I should focus less on my arms because they're getting a little "beefy", LOL! He's right ;).
  • bloggymomx
    Options
    First of all, congrats! I'm still waiting for my boyfriend to put a ring on it. ;) lol However, I'm starting to lose weight in hopes that when he does I'll be at my goal weight and won't have to worry too much about losing weight for my wedding. I'll be your buddy, though! I'll send you a request. You can do it!
  • katielshelby
    katielshelby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all of the ladies here!!! I am getting married Nov 2015 and I want to shed the weight, too!! Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • kckc69
    kckc69 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    YAY for Weddings!!!!!!!!!! OK So Im not getting married (I wish), BUT my sister is April 26th!!! And Im on a serious mission to get 15kgs, as The wedding IS going to be spread in a Nationwide Magazine. Ive already lost 13 kgs over the past 6 months, but need another 15 off in 3 months, so really need to push it and get some workouts in.

Feel free to add me for support :)
  • jerritraver
    Options
    I'm getting married on July 12th as well! I just ordered my first workout dvd!! Jillian Michaels kickboxing fast fix! I am hoping Jillian kicks my *kitten*!!:)
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    jcnut,

Your man already adores you and you are Beautiful. You already made it!

That being said, if you feel like losing another 20# for yourself, go for it! That's pretty much what I said to my Beautiful wife years ago; and it is pretty much a standing opinion for any guy who is in Love and isn't a D-Bag.

Now I'm going to leave because there is too much estrogen on this topic and I don't want to get any of it on the bike...

Hahahaha!!:devil: :laugh:
  • kerryradz
    kerryradz Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi :-)

I'm getting married at the end of July this year, expecting a baby in May so will need all the support I can get once she is born to get into my wedding dress which I bought before I was pregnant! Currently using mfp to monitor my food to ensure I eat enough and eat enough nutrients so I'm on here every day. Feel free to add me :)

Kerry
  • Nashvilleash
    Options
    I am looking for support as well. My wedding is mid December and I would like to lost at least 30 pounds by then. I am trying to be more accountable on here. Feel free to add me. Congrats and good luck to everyone!