Craft Beer While "Dieting"

Options

Replies

• TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Great work! Thanks for this.

For those out drinking out keep in mind a pint is 1.33 of the 12oz amount.

Also - Slorax / Hayley - in your research did you come across a rational explanation for the reported calorie diff in Sierra Nevada Pale Ale draft versus bottle? I never did.

from what I understand, the draft version has less ABV. I think I actually messed up and posted the draft version's calorie count here rather than the bottled. my bad... the calorie count should be 168, not 150.
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    The good news is that even on a strict diet of 1800 calories, that's at least 10-12 beers. Take a multivitamin and call it a day.

Pro Tip: Leave room for whisky. That's an important fact often overlooked by noobs.
  • hahaitsjessica
    Options
    I'm in love with this post thank you!! :) You even posted a few from my town! Yay Deschutes!
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I love beer, good list to have
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Thanks...........this needs stickied.

Heres for the domestic brahs:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OaXo5wjSYc
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    The good news is that even on a strict diet of 1800 calories, that's at least 10-12 beers. Take a multivitamin and call it a day.

Pro Tip: Leave room for whisky. That's an important fact often overlooked by noobs.

yes.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    As a side note, how does alcoholic beverage nutrition information make its way into the world? It's not like it's ever on the container...
    http://getdrunknotfat.com/

I can't vouch for the accuracy, but it has a pretty large database. TheSlorax already mentioned ratebeer.com. Some companies list nutritional info on their website.

P.S.
    No! Whisky mixes with cider, vodka mixes with beer (srs).
  • lebbyloses
    lebbyloses Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Bumping for easy reference tonight.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I love beer! I also find that it's a great day-before-a-long-run carb fuel. :happy:
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I love Guiness and also Four Peaks Hef. I'm excited to know that Guiness only has 125 calories. That's awesome! So much more satisfying than a glass of wine,too.
  • Ctrum69
    Ctrum69 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to Yuengling, it's an excellent lager, and it's 135/12oz, and their light lager, which is also good, is only 99/12 oz.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Brooklyn Dry Irish Stout according to ratebeer is 117 cals and 4.7%abv.
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I love you just about as much as I love beer. :love:
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Leinenkugel Snowdrift Vanilla porter is 180 calories for 12 oz
    :drinker: :love: :love:
  • ezekielsdad
    ezekielsdad Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Left hand nitro milk stout - 185 calories

Some people eat cake as a reward...

I drink beer!!!

I love this topic!
  • keithaj1
    keithaj1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    A lot of places around me are offering half pints and beer samplers so you can enjoy a few different craft beers in 8 oz. or 4 oz. servings.
    Variety is the spice of life.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I usually drink IPAs. They tend to be the most dense unfortunately (probably because of the higher alcohol percentage). If I go out drinking I usually don't eat much during the day. Maybe some eggs or a half pound of fish.

I really like Goose Island, Harpoon, Lagunitas, Stone IPA :)

I wonder what kind of nutrition some of these beer varieties have? I hear some have a lot of iron, some have a lot of B vitamins and other antioxidants. Anyone look into that?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    So I had beer for all intake today. In fact... a lot of it. If someone has a comment about that, I'll throw down.
    What's up? What's up? WOOOOO.

no, seriously, bier ist gut.

BTW- ipas are imbalanced dung. Bababooey, bababooey, bababooey!
  • annie7hudds
    annie7hudds Posts: 199 Member
    Options

Sounds like my weekends :)
  • annie7hudds
    annie7hudds Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I love beer! I also find that it's a great day-before-a-long-run carb fuel. :happy:

Brilliant news! I'll let you know if it works for me :)