New and Need Motivational Workout Buddy

Hello!

Just discovered the Community part of MFP, and I'm excited to get involved.

My story: I've struggled with my weight my entire life. When I got to college I was able to drop it all and stay around 120-130. Then after I graduated I moved to New Orleans for grad school, where my weight kept creeping upwards (of course - how could it not. It's New Orleans.). Finally last year I started just ignoring how much I was gaining. Then a few weeks ago I got a scale and weighed myself, and I was a whopping 166 lbs. I've never weighed that much in my life, and I'm at the point where none of my clothes, not even the "fat jeans" or my scrubs, would fit me. Even my winter jackets looked tight! I knew it was time for some serious changes.

I juice every morning with fresh fruits and veggies, and I try to limit my caloric intake. I'm doing well on the food side, but getting motivated to exercise is super hard for me. I've just never been able to make it a habit, and I never feel any sort of stress relief benefit or post-workout high that other people talk about. I've tried different gyms and programs, including Pure Barre and Crossfit the later being fun but too far and far too expensive). I do have an elliptical and have been using it 3-4 times a week recently (I just do the 300 calorie program, which comes out to around 30 minutes of exercise). So that's where I know I need to improve - so any advice/motivation there is always welcome!

I've decided to get back to my old weight by 120, and more than that, to look and be more fit and strong than I've ever looked in the past. I have a close friend's wedding in May, and I'd like to have lost the weight by then. I'm rewarding myself with a sexy new dress for the occasion if I'm able to do this. So here's to trying!

SW: 166.2 (1/7/14)
CW: 161.0
GW: 120.0

What I would love would be a workout buddy who can motivate me, push me, and someone with whom I can share workouts and possibly even recipes or other diet-related stuff. If anyone is looking for a partner to help get motivated about working out and seeing his or her body take shape, please add me!