Replies

• da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Cartman.gif.pagespeed.ce.UoJP5mbZ2X.gif
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I eat most (around 50%) of my calories at night, usually within an hour before bed. No effects to my expected weight loss rate. (:
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Why would it not be allowed? It's my favourite time to eat.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Timing of when you consume calories will not help/hinder your weight loss.

That being said I implore you not to eat sooner than 2 hours before you go to sleep. Doing so could give you digestive issues that will lead to bad dreams.

You may even have the dreaded iguana dream. The iguana dream is terribly disturbing and while it won't kill you, it will haunt you until your dying day.

Dont risk it, not even milk and cookies to help you fall asleep.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Except when we go out for dinner, I eat most of my calories at lunch cause that's when I'm hungriest.
    If we go out for dinner, I'll eat a very light lunch and save most of my calories for dinner.
    I do best if I can eat at least 1 very large meal.
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Yep.
  • The_GingerBeard_Man
    The_GingerBeard_Man Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I eat a bowl of ice cream before bed just about every night. It is all about total calories in vs total calories out.
  • credhead75
    Options
    Probably going off subject a little; I have just started to get back into exercise and eating properly. I feel like 10 Ton Tess (6ft female weighing 14stone). Recently divorced so my self esteem is rock bottom and feel that getting myself in shape will help. Does anyone have any inspirational motivational tips???

Please help ????
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I don't think there are rules.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    "Allowed?"

Yes. Dinner. 9:00 snack.
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Yep, I eat dinner at 6ish and then I have popcorn around 8:00pm if I'm heading to bed at 10 or 9pm if I'm going to bed at 11pm. I have trouble sleeping when my stomach is full so I try to not eat right before going to bed.
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I still require food in the evening hours, yes.
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Probably going off subject a little; I have just started to get back into exercise and eating properly. I feel like 10 Ton Tess (6ft female weighing 14stone). Recently divorced so my self esteem is rock bottom and feel that getting myself in shape will help. Does anyone have any inspirational motivational tips???

Please help ????

You should start your own thread or this comment will get lost in the conversation. Also, there is a whole board for motivation and support that you could check out, and maybe even post your question there. It just seems like you're struggling and I'd hate to see your question go unanswered. All I have to say is that you're stronger than your circumstances. You can do it if you put your entire heart into it. Also, maybe look into counseling if you don't do that already.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Allowed by whom?

I never thought to ask permission, and I'm not sure who I would ask if I'd thought it, but yes, I eat in the evening. I eat most of my calories in the evening, in fact. Dinner is usually around 8:30 - 9:00. Sometimes I have a small dessert after, sometimes not.

The only reason not to eat in the evening is personal preference, or if you have reflux problems or other medical need to have an empty stomach when you go to bed.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Yes. At long as you're eating at a deficit, you'll lose weight. Meal timing has little to do with it. I frequently eat right before going to bed.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Calories are Calories. When I was my thinnest I would wait to have my biggest meal at night because I tend to be the hungriest then.

I tend to be hungriest at night - I could consume up to 1,000 calories at night time.......
  • JocyChan
    JocyChan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I eat a bowl of ice cream before bed just about every night. It is all about total calories in vs total calories out.

This guy is correct, however i envy the room for ice cream at night. :P