Chicken Breast size

I don't have a food scale, and I'm finding it hard to figure out what my average chicken breast contains in calories.

Can anyone help me out? I buy the bulk bag of Tyson boneless skinless chicken breasts from Sam's.
Are they about 6 oz each?

How big is a 4 oz breast supposed to be?

:embarassed:

Replies

• kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    I don't have a food scale, and I'm finding it hard to figure out what my average chicken breast contains in calories.

Can anyone help me out? I buy the bulk bag of Tyson boneless skinless chicken breasts from Sam's.
    Are they about 6 oz each?

How big is a 4 oz breast supposed to be?

:embarassed:
  • a serving of any meat is about the size of a deck of cards. (thickness as well) Usually boneless skinless chicken breasts in the bags are 2 servings each. I go for the frozen boneless skinless chicken tenders or strips. They are about 1 oz each, so 4 would be a serving.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    I buy tyson as well. I thaw the chicken on I slice it across through the middle. Makes 2 flat breats.
    Or I will cook a whole breast and cut it in half and eat the other 1/2 for my next meal.
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Ok. I'm just going to continue to assume they are about 2 servings (7 oz?) each and worth 200 calories.

Thanks y'all :)