How fitting...

Options
xarrium
xarrium Posts: 432 Member
So, yesterday I ran for 30 minutes straight for the second time, proving that it wasn't a fluke the first time I did it. Woohoo! Originally it was supposed to be a 5k run (the end of my C25k program), but a 10-minute-mile just isn't doable... yet. In junior high, we had this cross-country running unit in gym class, and I **hated** it because I could never make the 30-minute cutoff for the 4k run. I did it yesterday... bye-bye gym class demons!!

And today, on a whim, before I ate supper, I stepped on the scale (I don't own one, but my parents do, so I figured I'd have a look before sitting down and filling my stomach up). I've almost broken my scale obsession, deciding that I'll probably never be able to maintain the number I want since I still have some muscle to add, so it was an extremely pleasant surprise that it showed me 131.5 lbs. (I measured twice. Same number!) I know that I weigh at least a pound heavier mid-day than in the morning, and I was wearing jeans rather than my usual weigh-in cotton PJs, so as far as I'm concerned, I hit my goal today! YAAAY!!!

Two major milestones in two days. I'm amped. (Probably bad, since bed-time is relatively soon.)
What successes have you guys had that put you on top of the world?

Replies

• stringcheeze
    Options
    Congratulations on both! And heck, who cares if you can't run a 10 minute mile -- at least you're able to run for 30min straight! I'm totally jealous. :)

I think you deserve to Snoopy Dance in celebration...sleep can wait!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a fabulous day. Congrats!
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    That is so wonderful. Congrats on both. And I love that your story has both. You got fit and you met your weight loss goal. And because you did them both you know you have changed your life. Also you have done something that you have never been able to to do (run that 30min cut off from high school) which shows us all, we can do a lot more than we think we can, if we just patiently keep plugging away. Thanks for share your great news, very inspiring.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!