Remembering your workout?

Options
Hi,
I went to the gym last night and did some work on the weights machines etc... how do you all remember what exercises you did and how much the weights were? Do you take your phone with you and track it on there or a pad and paper and write it all down?? Or do you just remember?

Mairi

Replies

• CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I take a pen\pad, and record it. I then log that online later on... I'd forget what weights\reps I hit the previous session for one, and I'm quite competitive, so I like to know I've beaten the last one, or that I have another set to do!

Found my first log book last week, It's great to look back and see how far you've come along
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I plan what I do beforehand and then anything extra I write down in the changing rooms afterwards.
  • flab2fit_30
    Options
    I do stronglifts 5x5, and I find that the app for my phone works great. i log what im doing during resting periods.
  • Homemaker57
    Homemaker57 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    That is the exact reason why I'm going to start 5x5 instead of NROLW. I tried New Rules of Lifting for Women but it was so complicated I had a hard time working out unless my hubby followed me around with a notebook. I felt like a goofball. And I had to write out everything beforehand which added more time to my fitness commitment, that wasn't actually working out.

With StrongLifts 5x5 there's only three exercises a day, they progress in a simple linear manner, and there's an app to track all of it easily. I feel much better about that!!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    That is the exact reason why I'm going to start 5x5 instead of NROLW. I tried New Rules of Lifting for Women but it was so complicated I had a hard time working out unless my hubby followed me around with a notebook. I felt like a goofball. And I had to write out everything beforehand which added more time to my fitness commitment, that wasn't actually working out.

With StrongLifts 5x5 there's only three exercises a day, they progress in a simple linear manner, and there's an app to track all of it easily. I feel much better about that!!

Theres actually a spreadsheet set up for NROLFW to use to track everything. Check out the group here for it. If its not there, I think I have it saved so PM me for it.

I use a notebook and pen for mine
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options

I am doing NROLW and I just bring the book, a log print out and a pen and log as I go. And writing everything out onto the log that you can download takes like 5 minutes total, and I just logged my set during the rest periods.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    I log strength training in MFP. Otherwise I can't remember when my last leg day was, how much weight I used, etc.
  • FrauMama
    FrauMama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I write out my workouts beforehand, in a little notebook (prefer that to tracking on my phone). Those are sort of like Crossfit(ish) workouts, so I'll have reps (or time, if it's in intervals) and the order of exercises, but rarely weight, just because I don't feel like writing down things the whole time, and my workouts are usually non-stop/no rest, so it'd be a pain to stop and write.
    I do stop and write down calories burned (via HRM) when I'm done, and then usually record the workout by a name and with calories on MFP later.
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I always have my phone with me for the tunes/podcasts during the workout. On the cardio machines (treadmill, bike, stair climber, etc) I take a photo of the screen when it shows the results of the workout. That way I have a reference for the workout. As for weight lifting I just remember what I did and it does not count for calories so not really essential for that to be logged just for my own reference.
  • Betty_Canada
    Betty_Canada Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I use a pen and 3"x5" notebook, mostly. When I get home, I log to Fitocracy and MFP.

I'll write out what I'm supposed to be dong in advance, so all I have to do is add in the reps and weight.

Sometimes the low tech old school ways are the best. *lol*

=Betty=
  • quigz90
    quigz90 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have an app on my phone called fitness buddy that tracks it as I go. Plus it has a timer to track rest time. You just build your workout before, then work your way through it. I have the free version but you can also get a paid version with more exercises
    So easy to use. Shame it doesn't link with mfp.com
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I'm really old school; I write it on my hand! I do mine at home. I input it into the PC and then hit the shower.