Getting Jump Started

Options
Having issues getting "jump started" on losing weight; doing the exercise; 45 on the treadmill, 30 on the bike no less than 3 times a week. And yes better about what I'm eating;

Frustrated as not seeing "any" results.....:-(

Open to any and all suggestions.......................

Brenda

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Your body isn't a car you can't jump start it. But get a food scale weigh what you are eating, log everything, be consistent and have patience.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as "jump starting." Your body is not a car. Just set your calories at a slight deficit, log all your food so you are accurate and learn patience. You seem to be focusing on the exercise part, but are vague in claiming to be "better" about eating.

Since weight loss is ALL about food, shift your priority there and know exactly what your eating consists of and how much.
  • Awesomers
    Awesomers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I spent my first 5 weeks at the same exact weight. It was so frustrating, and I came very close to giving up. During week 3, I began to adjust my eating, including quitting soda and drinking 64 oz of water a day. By week 5, I'd lost 7 pounds (water weight, but still very motivating!). It's been a very slow process for me, but just when I want to give up, I discover a "new" muscle or I lose a pound. Keep persevering -- you WILL see results, even if it's not right away.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I see your account is over a year old but this is your first post and you're talking about "jump starting" so I'm assuming that you haven't used your account in that time and are resolutioning.

This is something that battery cables won't fix, only time and determination. If you think this is going to move quickly and that you want instantaneous results to stay on track maybe you need to reboot your mindset, not jump start your body.

Even if you're looking for biggest loser results without putting in biggest loser effort Dolvette always says "hard work and dedication" choose dedication and you will start seeing results. Right now you need to ask the right questions, get the proper support, and stay the course.
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is more about what you eat than exercising. You can lose without exercising at all, even though it's harder. Start logging everything you eat for a couple of weeks and see just how many calories you are consuming. I'm betting it's higher than you think.