Looking For Additional Motivation on my Second Week!

Options
Hello All!!! Well I am well into my second week of counting calories!!! I am proud to admit, that I have been following my diet, logging all food no matter what it is and talking about it with friends and co-workers to keep my motivation going. HOWEVER, I have been eating the same items and it's getting a little boring and I do not want to loose track or hope for something delicious!!

Looking for some snack, lunch tips that anyone can offer as well as some new weight loss friends!!

Please keep in mind that I have never been a veggie girl!! Which is another learing tool for me on this journey.

I hope everyone has a great calorie counting day!!!

Replies

• absinthia70
    absinthia70 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting my second week after coming back after a few months off of here - I keep eating the same foods every day too (more or less). Would love to be friends - add me if you like!
  • hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    Try adding one veggie a day into your meal plan. Remember calories in calories out. Ask to look at other members food logs you may find some interesting foods. Or ask them to look at yours to make suggestions. I never thought I would like humus but I do it is a nice change. Ask members to be your friend again you may find more motivation as well as great ideas. Check out the recipes on this website. Friend me if you want.
  • Sztheday
    Sztheday Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If you don't like vegies for snacks, you might want to consider apple slices with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter. Other snacks options are a small handful of almonds, or yogurt with granola on top.

I usually try to plan out meals & snacks for the next day, after dinner, when I'm not hungry. Good luck to you!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Motivation comes and goes, work towards developing good habits. As for good lunches and snacks that's difficult since I can't see your diary and don't know what you like.

My favorite snacks range from peanut butter, fruit, cookies, ice cream etc. Depending on what I can work into my daily diary.

Lunch can be anything from a bacon sandwich, soup, chicken, again all depends on what I'm in the mood for and what I have planned for the rest of the day.
  • Mommy_Tiffany
    Mommy_Tiffany Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I see that you got to me first!! Thanks you!!! Looking forward to supporting eachother!
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    If you want something delicious then have it :) so long as it fits into your calorie goals then why not.

I have learnt from dieting in the past that being restrictive on what food you can/cannot have is a recipe for disaster. If you fancy chocolate, crisps or ice cream have it just dont let it take you over your calorie limit.

Will send you a friend request :)
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue, I just added a bunch of people with open diaries and stole their ideas !! I have an open diary if you would like to have a look or add me !
  • LunaInverse
    LunaInverse Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making it to your second week! I had a delicious breakfast this morning:
    Mashed avocado on honey wheat toast, with 1 slice of provolone cheese, and 3 slices tomato, topped off with a fried egg. 382 calories, and pretty filling too! I'm going to add you!
  • xXBabyBelleXx
    xXBabyBelleXx Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi,

The main reason that I wanted to try MFP was because I hate diet food and love cooking!!

I snack on things like oat cakes, yogurt, fruit and soup during the day - approx 400 calories

But in the evening I eat anything thats home cooked, this week i've made:

Prawn chow mein (Gok Wan Recipe), Home made pizza, Pasta bake, Chicken (left overs from a roast chicken) and Lemon Risotto, Jacket Potatoes, Omelette anything and everything really. Just keep in mind to measure everything and portion size.

If I know im going to have something that's heavy on the calories, I will also adjust to accommodate the extra numbers.

Remember this is not a fad diet but your future, so you have to be able to live with the plan without feeling like you are missing out.

Good luck! :-)
  • Mommy_Tiffany
    Mommy_Tiffany Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your tips and support!! These are really good ideas and tips that I didn't even know we could have or were low in calories!! Thank you so much!
  • Jenna299
    Options
    I started out with a variety by using lean cuisine meals. This helped me two ways, calories and portion control. I then was able to work outwards fromt that and create satisfying meals. You can buy 35 cal bread and have a sandwhich with some popped chips for a sandwhich day, or a salad with a grilled chicken breast. Make up some tuna or chicken salad with olive oil mayo for reduced calorie yumminess... the ideas are limitless! Leftover dinners also make good small lunches. Add me if you like, I am always finding ways to EAT MORE and keep the calories low!

Jenna299
  • jewelsmarchesi
    Options
    Hi Tiffany,

I love food of all kinds. One of the problems I have is saturation - The condition of being full to or beyond satisfaction; ...
    I've found a few products that help, one is chia seeds. If you eat a hot cereal for breakfast, add some chia seeds to it. I add about a teaspoon to a protien shake (my breakfast), made with almond milk, blueberries, a small banana, dash of cinnamon and nutmeg.

If veggies aren't your thing, try a baby greens salad with cut up baked or broiled chicken. Adding walnuts or pinenuts to the salad gives it more texture and flavor. I also add radishes, avacado, and olives and vinegrette dressing. It is a meal in itself and eating the greens with the chicken is like having a chicken sandwich with lettuce and tomatoe.

I've recently cut out all grains, so finding alternative ways to eat things like burgers and wraps is a challenge for me. I'm trying to get more into the Paleo way of eating just meats and veggies/fruits, nuts, potatoes and such.

Stay positive, you can do it!
  • xXBabyBelleXx
    xXBabyBelleXx Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi,

The main reason that I wanted to try MFP was because I hate diet food and love cooking!!

I snack on things like oat cakes, yogurt, fruit and soup during the day - approx 400 calories

But in the evening I eat anything thats home cooked, this week i've made:

Prawn chow mein (Gok Wan Recipe), Home made pizza, Pasta bake, Chicken (left overs from a roast chicken) and Lemon Risotto, Jacket Potatoes, Omelette anything and everything really. Just keep in mind to measure everything and portion size.

If I know im going to have something that's heavy on the calories, I will also adjust to accommodate the extra numbers.

Remember this is not a fad diet but your future, so you have to be able to live with the plan without feeling like you are missing out.

Good luck! :-)

Oh and there's a great Recipe Calculator program on here under "APPS" which I use all the time to help calculate how much im eating by the portion :-)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your tips and support!! These are really good ideas and tips that I didn't even know we could have or were low in calories!! Thank you so much!

You can have anything you want, it's just making it fit into your day.
  • MarKayDee
    MarKayDee Posts: 196
    Options
    Wheat thins and hummus, white cheddar cheese it's (25 is a serving and a plenty big snack), cara cara oranges prepeeled and in my fridge, strawberries with a little bit of dark chocolate.

If you're looking for a way to trick yourself into veggies for dinner, diced zucchini hides really well in spaghetti sauce, steamed cauliflower in a 2/3 ratio (two parts cauliflower to one part potato) tastes exactly the same as mashed potatoes with way less carbs, and personally I like to put grilled onions on just about everything, they don't have a lot of calories (or nutrients) but they add a lot of flavor and that's what counts.
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm. Getting bored AND not a veggie girl. You do like to dish out a challenge don't you? There are a gazillion recipe ideas all over the web. Take about an hour and explore the web and I am confident you will get some new ideas.

As for the veggie thing, may I suggest juicing? NO, not buying bottled or canned veggie juice---they are typically full of things your body doesn't need. Look up juicing online and give it a shot. Something like 2 or 3 different vegetables with one piece of fruit. A glass with juice that has a mix of, lets say, beets, carrots, and an apple will give you some of the crucial vitamins and nutrients your body desperately needs with the sweetness that will make it taste good.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Have you experimented with any homemade soups? You can get a fair amount of veggies in a serving for not many calories.

If you've got some free time, browse the Internet for a few new recipes and try them this week. If you're not into cooking, add the word "easy" to your search :) But knowing you have the ingredients on hand to make something new gives you something to look forward to.
  • callyart
    callyart Posts: 209
    Options
    I'm just finishing my second week, and enjoying it so far.

There's many things you can have for lunch.

Whole meal pasta with tomatoes,
    A Sandwich with salad, ham and low fat mayo
    Boiled eggs with whole grain toast
    piece of fresh fish with veg
    Wraps
    Small jacket potato and beans

Just a few off the top of my head!