For Real This Time

Options
Well this isn't the first time I've been here.

But hopefully it will stick this time.

I can already tell something has changed. I've logged in for 10 straight days! That may seem minor to many of you, but for me - that's a milestone. I have finally found the place I need to be in to change my life.

And I don't want to do it alone, though I can if I have to.

2013 was an absolutely miserable year. Anybody have experience with the drug Topamax? I started taking it in 2012 as a migraine preventative and it got upped too high in early 2013. It changed my personality and caused severe depression and mood swings. I isolated myself and pushed everyone in my life away from me.

And that's on top of already being somewhat hermit-ish because of my weight. I don't do the things I want to do in life because of my weight.

I don't want to live like this anymore.

The medication has been decreased and I finally feel more like myself. I have declared 2014 MY year.

I got a Fitbit Force for Christmas, and I've changed up what my normal goals would be. Instead of focusing on specific workouts, I'm focusing on a daily steps goal. Instead of focusing of the number of calories I eat, I'm focusing on logging my food so that I am accountable for every mouthful. If I'm going to eat it, I have to first ask, "Is it worth it?"

And so far, I've lost 5 pounds. This is working for me.

But I'd love some MFP friends to join in the journey with me so that we can cheer each other on.