Your most awesome NSV

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting weights since August - and it's paid off; you can definitely tell - especially in my arms.

A few weeks ago my 15 year old daughter's boyfriend was over - apparently he was asking my daughter if she works out in our home gym - she said 'No, but my Mom does all the time'! She called me into the living room and asked me to 'flex' my biceps for her boyfriend to show him my muscles - I did (laughing the whole time) - and he said he was impressed............and had 'great guns'!

I thought it was nice/cute that my teenage daughter was impressed by my weight lifting - enough to brag about it to her boyfriend! Since then, my daughter has asked me to 'flex' for a bunch of her girlfriends as well! I'm trying to get my daughter into weight lifting as well - we'll see if that happens............!

Stop it! That is TOO adorable!!! I love this NSV
  • yoga_mel
    yoga_mel Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    When I first started being able to achieve headstand in yoga! Still a work in progress but always so proud when I practice it :)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    When I go clothes shopping and trying them on, 98% of the time fitting perfectly!!

When I am out and about and walk by a glass window/mirror and see myself, I see myself skinny and not fat anymore.

Strangers at the gym congratulating me constantly, on how well I've done. Their is this old gentleman who ask me how much i have loss and I told him, I believe the whole gym knows how much I have loss now, lol. :blushing:
  • RoseGoldDinosaur
    RoseGoldDinosaur Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    The just-a-little-too-tight-to-wear work pants fit just fine this week. No need to pull them up over my belly when I sit down every time!
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I actually have two that I can count.

1. I am able to now fit into my smaller jeans without squeezing into them. They are comfortable at this point.

2. I was able to run a full mile without stopping to catch my breath. This was last night. So I was pretty happy overall! :)
  • jar819
    jar819 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Being able to wrap the bath towel all around me and be totally covered...no gaps!:blushing:
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I'm on Strava. I got my very first UPHILL "Queen of Mountain" yesterday cycling. Booyah! :bigsmile:
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    i cried like a baby in the dressing room when the size 6 name brand jeans slide right on and buttoned up ...
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Winning a 5K race. Three years ago I ran my first 5K in years. It was an out-and-back race, and I remember seeing the leader coming back and just being in awe of how fast the guy was running.

Fast forward to this past fall, and *I* was the guy leading the race. 250 runners were still on their way out, and I was heading home. Awesome feeling! My profile pic is about 50 yards from the finish.
  • paruls86
    paruls86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have two
    1. When I bought a 30 waist jeans..... It was awesome
    2. when I ran across the 10K finish line I had tears in my eyes few months ago I could barely run half a minute. I did not run the entire way but I finished it.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!

Getting in size 26 jeans
    Running 5k in 22.43mins
    Completing a triathlon
    Gym trainers saying I should be a PT (the year before they were shouting at me across the gym to stop holding onto the sides of the treadmill.)

Mostly though, learning how to stop binging it all back on again!
  • addean1
    addean1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Running 9 miles on Saturday!

Looking at the clothing catalog that came in the mail, and realizing it was a plus size catalog, and they didn't carry clothes in my (small!!!) size!
  • rachelamber_x
    rachelamber_x Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I can fit in my jeans :)
  • reuna602
    Options
    I have a few. First off I have lost 50 pounds since July 23rd 2013. I'm excited about that. But a few NSV I have
    1. I can now wear boots and zip them past my calves. I could never find any to fit even the kind that had extra large calves.
    2. I can jump rope like a boxer. I could not jump once 6 months ago.
    3. I can also do jump and jacks.
    4. I can run 3 minutes straight on the treadmill.
    5. I have went from a size 24 to a size 18/20
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My favorite nsv...hearing my 10 year old son tell somebody, "my mom is an athlete now." I'm far from optimal fitness but I'm way closer than I was 6 months ago!
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Being able to wrap the bath towel all around me and be totally covered...no gaps!:blushing:

Great one! I can relate...feels wonderful!
  • daniellabella986
    daniellabella986 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    doing deadlifts and upright rows with a 40 lb bar the other day
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

Great one! I can relate...feels wonderful!

I can relate to this, too! My ex and I were both very obese and we had bath SHEETS and full size BEACH towels in our bathroom for nearly a decade. No regular bath towels.

When we got a divorce, I stocked my bathroom with normal size bath towels and of course they didn't go all the way around every inch of me (belly and hips) but pretty close. Now they are fine. I have a couple of the enormous towels from before, I spread them out to cover the flooring when I dye my hair and I can't believe how big they are.

ETA: I even used to bring my own huge towels to hotels
  • Mellyajc
    Mellyajc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I had to look up what NSV means but absolutely love this thread!

-The collapsey euphoric feeling after finishing my first triathlon
    -For that matter, learning I could swim a mile
    -Two PRs last year, including a 1:54 half
    -My general run pace increasing..I can look and be amazed at having run 3 sub 8 minute miles without 'trying'
    -Improvement on the rock wall, went from 5.8 to 5.11a, some 5.10cs took a few weeks but conquered them!
    -Learning how to hula hoop
    -In HS I was a size 12/14, I still can't believe that I'm consistently in 4s now, and one of those feels too big..
    -Experimenting in the kitchen more with some pretty tasty results
    -Feeling good enough to actually put on a bikini. I own two now! (It still depends on the day..but I never thought this would happen!)
  • Mellyajc
    Mellyajc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Oh yea...pull-ups. Never thought I'd be able to do ONE, now I can do 5-6 :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!