Spinning craze

Options
nm212
nm212 Posts: 570 Member
So, I keep seeing these bogus news articles about spinning and it's starting to upset me. I love spinning and it has helped me in my weight loss. Why are these people claiming that it makes you fatter and bulks you up? I find that to be so untrue...Yes, you build muscle but that is a good thing! As long as you mix it up with other exercises and diet, I don't see what the problem is. Even if you never had any variety in your exercise, would it really be bad for losing weight like they claim?

Replies

• KelliB3
    KelliB3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's bogus. I've lost a bunch of weight since incorporating spin class into my regular exercise routine. I've especially notices that I've lost weight in my *kitten* and thighs which is perfect! haha
  • sazrina
    sazrina Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    When I first started people loved to tell me that my legs would get huge from it, utter nonsense. I'm not sure why people come out with this negative rubbish, everyone should be encouraging people to do exercise that they enjoy.
  • nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Agreed! Thank you ladies. I'm glad to hear I am not alone!
  • keithober
    Options
    I'm of the opinion that all exercise is good, and any kind of cycling is even better. Low impact, high heart rate spinning has helped me get in great cycling shape (and general overall shape) on several occasions. It can also improve outdoor cycling by increasing your typical pedal RPM, improving strength, and improving standing pedaling technique and endurance. Big muscles come from genetics, resistance training, and testosterone; fat comes from eating more that you burn. Spinning won't make anyone bulky or fat.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I've only heard Tracy Anderson make this claim and she also believe woman shouldn't lift more then like 3 lbs weights. I love cycling classes.