4 year anniversary/success story

Options
tigerblue
tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
Four years ago this week I squeezed into my largest jeans. (I think they were a size 16) I managed to get them on, but I could barely sit in them. I felt miserable. I knew then that something had to change. I joined MFP, changed my lifestyle and diet, and lost 25% of my body weight. I learned to enjoy exercise, and to love running! My blood pressure went from borderline high to perfect. Today I feel great and I am still going strong in a size 4. In fact I am getting stronger every day! At my recent "check in" I had added over an inch to my biceps in 6 months, and an inch to my thighs and calves (this is good since my legs have been skinny all my life, even at my largest! Now I am improving my legs with muscle.).

Thanks MFP for giving me the tools to help me change my body and my life.

For all you newbies out there--you cando it!

Good luck to all!

Replies

• leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Congrats! This is awesome :drinker:
  • buttercup68110
    buttercup68110 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    great job. I'm currently a size 16 and I am working towards getting and in shape. You are a great inspiration.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    :))) I love hearing the success stories !! Thank you for sharing. WE HAVE HOPE YET !! :)
  • Funmiloves
    Funmiloves Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Fantastic update, keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!