HOW to really lose weight?

Options
I've been on this Calorie counting for a few months now, though I've just started getting serious with it these past few weeks. My BMI said that I'm normal (24.7) but it's still close to being overweight. I'm happy with that cause I feel like I'm starting to get healthy. BUT I'M STILL FAT!
I'm Asian and is medium build. I have all these fats on all parts of my body and I just wanna lose it. Will skipping rice help me lose it? They said rice would help me lose my tummy fat. And please help me. I really want to be healthy. That's why I'm losing weight. I sometimes have trouble breathing (sleep apnea) and even walking short distances sometimes makes me out of breath. I'm on 1200 Calorie-diet per day (well I sometimes go like 100-300 more than that).

Replies

• bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Skipping a certain food will not help you lose fat. Diet, exercise, and some weight training will help you lose fat.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    No one particular food will stop you losing weight as long as you're within your calories. All you need to do is eat a deficit.
  • maanders
    maanders Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What does your workout routine look like? You should be doing some resistence training combined with some cardio to burn fat, increase muscle, and tone those "fat" parts of your body.

You can lose weight and still be "fat" if you are not incorporating exercise.

As those about said, cutting out one particular food will not help. But, you should try to ensure that your diet is composed mostly of nutrient dense foods (lean proteins, whole grains, vegetables, etc.)

Good luck!!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,412 MFP Moderator
    Options
    A calorie deficit and patients. Also, if you are active, there is no reason to be on a 1200 calorie diet, especially since you are 18. Depending on your workout schedule 1700-2100 might be more appropriate. To get a fit body, you really want to maximize fat loss and minimize muscle loss.

OP, what is your height, weight and workout routine? I suspect you have a composition issue.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,412 MFP Moderator
    Options
    What does your workout routine look like? You should be doing some resistence training combined with some cardio to burn fat, increase muscle, and tone those "fat" parts of your body.

You can lose weight and still be "fat" if you are not incorporating exercise.

As those about said, cutting out one particular food will not help. But, you should try to ensure that your diet is composed mostly of nutrient dense foods (lean proteins, whole grains, vegetables, etc.)

Good luck!!

Just a small correction, weight training during a deficit will help sustain muscle, not increase it. The ability to gain any new lean body mass or muscle is almost non existent outside 1-2 lbs of noob gains or gains while being morbidly obese. But since the OP is a women, it's even more unlikely.