Snack Bar

Options
Do you guys recommend eating snack bars? Sometimes I get hungry at night when I have class, and I want to eat something. Can you guys recommend me a good healthy one? I don't want to eat a high calorie, and too much sugar snack. But I also want to feel full.

Replies

• abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I bring apples, string cheese and clementines to eat as filling quick school snacks.... though I peel the clementines outside of the classroom to cut the smell a little (and slice the apples.) They're filling, easy to grab quickly, and fairly discrete (if that matters to you...it does to me, but I'm the teacher in my classes....)
  • geekyjen
    geekyjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I used to eat either a luna bar, cliff Z bar, or cliff mojo bar during class when i'd get hungry. I know they're not the best for you, but I would try to find something with some fiber, under 200 calories and no high fructose corn syrup.
    Apples, carrots, other fruit, string cheese, or left overs from a meal are probably better options, but those really worked for me during class.
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Apples are cheaper and less processed, and they'll give your body an easy-to-use source of energy. Something with protein is also good because it'll suppress the hunger a bit. (I took one evening class, and swore I'd never do it again... nothing like late-night studies to bring on the munches.)
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    High Fibre bars like Fibre One or even Kashi seem to do the trick for me.
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I never miss up on the chance to recommend Nature Valley Sweet n Salty Nut Bars. They're my favorite thing in the world, I just now had an almond one, in fact. They're delicious, healthy, low cal (160-170) and totally satisfy my sweet tooth.
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Think Thin bars.......brownie crunch is my fav!!

230 cals (yah i know...but as a meal replacement)
    8 g fat
    0 sugars
    20 g protein
    and gluten free
  • margebrown72
    Options
    I knwo to many can be bad but I am a granola bar girl, there is no better pick me up after a workout!
  • dgroulx
    dgroulx Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I really like the Special K Cereal Snack bars. (not the protein meal bar). The snack bars are only 90 calories and are really tasty. I like the chocolate pretzel flavor. The protein bars have that weird, protein bar taste and also have 170 calories. I use those only for a quick meal replacement.