HELP!!!! SODA PROBLEM

Options
2»

Replies

• amarp105653
    amarp105653 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree, I have to do that with sweets. So, if I want a candy bar then I have to drive to the store and get ONE. I'm a huge pop drinker, so I allow myself one a day. It's something I enjoy so I work it into my calorie intake each day. I buy cans instead of two liters so it is easily tracked.
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    My Dr. told me to fill my glass up with ice and keep adding ice and drinking as the ice melts so that the coke is watered down.
  • hillbillythekid
    Options
    I used to have a BIG soda problem....I'd drink several cans of coke a day. I can't have diet soda, because the artificial sugar gives me migraines (literally they last 3-5 days). I started drinking less, and less and finally quit buying it and keeping it in the house. Then, I'd be at work, wanting a soda (soda machine right around the corner) so I started drinking the sparkling water when I really wanted a soda (I really only drink coke) and this has helped me significantly. I reserve soda for when I occasionally go out to eat with family (since I don't drink alcohol) and that's the only time I allow myself soda. It took a couple years to really get this down!

Good luck!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of soda, too. Last year, I was able to slowly cut back on my consumption. Over the holidays, it increased again, so now I have to work on that again.

Last year, I'd let myself have one soda a day (I was drinking 2-3 at least). Then I cut that back to the weekends. Then I started only drinking it if I went out somewhere or if Hubby and I did major grocery shopping (he always likes to "reward" us with soda after a big job like that, haha). Throughout this time, I was also increasing the amount of water I was drinking. After a while, it got to where I didn't really crave soda as much anymore, and when I did drink one, I couldn't finish the whole thing.

It was a process, but that's the method that has worked best for me. I still let myself enjoy it, but just not as often!

Good luck!
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    OMGIHAVETHESAMEPROBLEMSOIBUYCOKEZEROINSTEAD.ITAVOIDSTHECALORICRICHCOKEBUTYOUSTILLGETYOURFIX.
  • kimmym0324
    kimmym0324 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks yall for the tips!!!!
  • turbocoupe5150
    turbocoupe5150 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was addicted to Mountain Dew. 4-5 Cans a day. Added to that, I'm allergic to aspartame so diet was not an option (just a single piece of sugar free gum can close my throat and make my stomach get violent cramping).

I got a Sodastream machine. All of their drink mixes are made with Splenda. I drink mostly water now, but the Sodastream lets me have a fizzy drink every once in a while.